No Start After New Engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B-18Hatch

4th gen civic/D15B2 engine.
I am getting a weak and intermittent spark when I place a plug next to the valve cover. I get 16 flashes (fuel injector) on my ECU. I changed them. I checked the timing, used a "working" distributor assembly from a friend's car, new plugs and wires, and it still won't start. It sputters for about 10 seconds initially, but flat refuses to try to start after that for about an hour. The only thing I can think of is that the problem lies somewhere within the wiring harness or the fuse/relay box in the engine bay. But I don't know which wire it could be so that I may trace it and find maybe a short or loose connection. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Came with a 4-spd tranny and DPFI... Civic HF, I think. There is no DX, EX, Si badge on the tail. Resistor box? If you mean the one that come in the car originally, then I assume that it is the right one.

Just visited the reference section. The D15B2 is replacing a D15B6. Therefore, I believe I need a PM5 instead of the PM8 ECU still in the floorboard. Are the ECUs really THAT different??? BTW, how do I tell the difference between ECUs?

Found out what it was... ECU ground was left off. Connects to the thermostat housing. Runs great now.

Back