no start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dougpiston

i have a 92 cx with a b16a. today while at a stop light my car just died and will not restart. fuel pump does make noise so i think it works. no spark comin from out of the plug i pulled. when i turn the key to the second position i do here a relay click so i dont think its the traditional honda main relay problem. car turns over at normal speed so i dont think it is the timing belt either. i think its the coil or iginitor. any other ideas would help me on my quest so if you have any pls let me know.. thanks

Try a new coil first, thats the most common cause here at Honda. If not the coil and ur diagnosis so far is correct, its the ignitor. Those two are 90% of the time the cause for a no start/no spark condition.

what about the fact that the car died while running??? thought that ignitors wouldnt fail while the car is running. or am i wrong

Older Hondas are prone to the Distributer going belly up with no notice. If this has happened you will have no spark. If you take off the distributer, check to see if the bearings are tight, they tend to "wallow" out over time. If the bearing is loose you have found your problem. It is an easy but not cheap problem to fix. Good luck

I have a 93 del sol and my car just died on me when i was driving. felt as if someone just turned the key off. come to find out it was my distributer. that would be my guess also with your problem.

Back