No V-tec On H22 Swap!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BpTs_H22Accord

i did 99 h22a4 swap into my 97 accord ex. car runs decently good but just not hittin v-tec. the installer said he wired up knock sensor & all that. i used 2 different ecu's, jdm p13 (OBD 1), & usdm p72 (OBD 2). both ecu's run exactly the same & rev out at 6800 rpms. im pretty pissed cause i spent so much & its runnin like my f22b1. also if anyone knows of a site or where i can find a wiring diagram so i can check if he did it right. so anyone with any suggestions let me know. thanx <_<

check out autozone.com

go to their repair section...
and you can get wiring diagrams for both the accord and the prelude, but i know for a fact that they only have the 92 to 95 lude diag's...

hope this helps you...

i check the codes today & its readin a 21 & 22 which are vtec seloniod & vtec oil pressure. we hooked up da vtec seloniod to a switched 12 volts & it started rippin but it still revs out at 6800 rpms. any more suggestions?

ahhhh ya the vtec oil pressure switch....its bad i would say...and this being bad inturn is making it throw a code for the vtec solenoid as well because if im correct the solenoid will not work properly without the oil pressure switch working

doesnt your mechanic test drive the car to make sure it runs right before he gives it to you? And since he did the work isnt it his job to make it run right? You shouldnt be paying him more money for his own mistakes. Dont let him push you around telling you to do this and that. Put yo foot down! :D

well the reason i got it like that was because when he finished i didnt have a p13 or p72 so i was runnin my stock ecu, but wit dat it hit v-tec but it studdered alot & felt like it was gonna stall. so my friend gave me a ob2 gsr ecu to see how it ran. it ran alot better except for no v-tec & it reved out at 6800. so when i got my jdm p13 wit the conversion harness which was the other day i put it in & it still ran the same wit no v-tec but the idle was goin up & down. the mechanic said he couldnt look at it til sat. so i wanted 2 see if i can get some info before i bring it over there cause he doesnt know offhand y it's doin that. i just figured out my codes today & after i hooked up the vtec soleniod to 12 volts it started poppin v-tec but still revs out at 6800. & it moves a lil quicker but i know it can be faster.. so im stuck til tomorrow. :angry:

Back