No VTEC after rocker cover swap!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

steve2805

Hi all, have been a member on here before when i was into D16's but had to sign on again.

Im a bit stumped, i removed my rocker cover from 5th gen Uk spec H22 Manual. Had it powdercoated and replaced. As soon as i did this, VTEC will engage in 1st and 2nd (after engine warmed) and then wont hit VTEC again all journey. Scratched the paint of the rocker cover earth, didnt help. Replaced a perished rocker cover bolt gasket.

Can you think of something i may have missed when putting rocker back on? sounds electrical to me but any ideas?

If i didnt make any sense, Vtec will in gauge in 1st/2nd/3rd(sometimes) when warm (havnt revved that high when cold) and then will not it any gauge at all after that. Then leave car for a while and will do the same again?

Any ideas?

Thanks,Steve

VTEC wont engage cold, and getting your valvecover powdercoated shouldnt mess with anything. Is the check engine light on?

i dont think its the powder coating thats causing this, i think ive missed/tampered something. no cel's at all

Back