No VTEC after swap... help please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sula

Recently I've made engine swap. I was have EJ9 with D14A4 inside, it was OBD IIa engine. Then I have bought D16Y8. Guy who make a swap for me was replace current harness with d16z6 harness and put P28 ECU onto it.
But after swap, every time after I start engine there was CEL operating and after test I find out that there is error code 22 Vtec oil pressure switch (VOPS). I taught that because engine was OBD II (which doesnt have VOPS) and ECU was OBD I (obdI engines have VOPS) that ECU "searching" for VOPS and when he can't find it then reporting that error. Last week I have installed VOPS on vtec solenoid and wire it to ECU. And I get no CEL after ignition, but still there is no vtec. And after test it still gives me error 22.
Do you have any ideas what to do next ? Help me that I feel vtec at last :lol:

You need to check your wiring.
------------------------------------------------------
22*- Accord Civic CRV CRX Del Sol Odyssey Prelude
94-98 92-98 n/a n/a 93-97 98 93-98`
VTEC Oil Pressure Switch
defective circuit or unplugged / defective oil pressure switch
* not a valid code if car does not have a VTEC engine
-----------------------------------------------------------
The VTEC Pressure switch runs to the D6 pin on your p28 ecu
The VTEC solenoid runs to the A4 pin on your P28 ecu
double check this first
Also obd1 and 2 usdm sohc vtecs have VTEC pressure switchs

The VTEC Pressure switch runs to the D6 pin on your p28 ecu
The VTEC solenoid runs to the A4 pin on your P28 ecu
double check this first
Also obd1 and 2 usdm sohc vtecs have VTEC pressure switchs

I have connect VOPS with one wire to D6 and with other wire to chassis.

Yeah, but I'm from Europe and have EDM D16Y8....

Did you verify that your chasis ground is in fact a good ground with a ohm meter.

Yes I did.

But I think that I found solution for my problem. Talked with a lot of people last few days and many of them says that I just need to burn into my P28 ECU, P2P (d16y8) rom. It's make sense to me, so I'll try to do that...

chech your wiring to your new harness with your existing one, you may have your vtec wire in the the wrong terminal to you ecu

Back