NO VTEC ENGAGNEMENT

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lude68

I just finished putting my b18c1 into my 94 civic this morning at around 5:30 am. Both are OBD1 and i have one major probelm.....my vtec is not engaging!!!! I put everything in exactly the way i took it was takin out of the teg but i still have no engagement. PLEASE HELP and any would be greatly appreciated!!! :(

HYPERBOI..........i read a forum just a sec. ago saying that you took out a b18c1 and put it in your civic..how did you get it to work properly? or have you gotten all the bugs out yet?

thanx

no its not done yet... im still working on it. i havent even taken the engine out because the body of the integra is rapped around the a/c condensor and the bolts to the mounts are impossible to get to. im waiting on my friend to get a saw so i can cut it out. but ill tell you whats up when im done. and about the wireing thing. im talking about the vtec wires. did you wire those? look at the article about swaping b18c1 to a 5th gen.

thanx highperboi..please let me know!!

DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE A SOLUTION?

Ive checked the wires, solenoid, ground. like i said, i pluged it in exactly the way it was pulled out and my brother says that he thinks my car is just not wired for vtec. what do you guys think?

yeah thats what i ment bout the wireing. the engine might be ready for vtec but your car isnt. My car isnt wired for vtec so i have to run some wires for it later. the swap info thing says that most 92s are wired for vtec and the rest you have to wire your self.

thanx a lot! I have a 94 cx hatch. ive printed everything out to run my wiring but i still have one question.... does 'repining' mean run the wires from my ECU plug in to my passenger side plugs?

thanx

i just finished running my knock sensor, vtec oil pressure sensor, and my vtec solinoid wires.... but i still dont have any engagement. what could be the problem? ....its drivin me crazy!!! :wacko:

Originally posted by lude68@Sep 1 2003, 06:43 PM
I just finished putting my b18c1 into my 94 civic this morning at around 5:30 am. Both are OBD1 and i have one major probelm.....my vtec is not engaging!!!! I put everything in exactly the way i took it was takin out of the teg but i still have no engagement. PLEASE HELP and any would be greatly appreciated!!! :(

CHanged ur oil yet? Sometimes the problem is just that simple. Mayb u got a vtec wire backwards? Wrong pin placement? I'd check one more time ...

You need to wire the secondaries in the im. Does your car hit rev lim at like 7k? I had to run 4 wires for vtec to work in my dc4. vtec selinoid, vtec oil press., knock sensor, and im secondaries.

i dont know where my rev is hitting..i dont have a tachometer yet. ive got a 94 gsr cluster but no plugs for it. where are my im secondaries?

Originally posted by lude68@Sep 3 2003, 09:39 AM
i dont know where my rev is hitting..i dont have a tachometer yet. ive got a 94 gsr cluster but no plugs for it. where are my im secondaries?

Where are your im secindaries? They are inside of you intake manifold. There is a plug with two wires on the left side of the intake manifold. Get an integra wire schmatic. It will tell you what color.

Make sure car has plenty of oil... Sometimes the VTEC cams won't activate if there isn't enough oil.

Back