No vtec help please?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

udcivic

SiR-G
OK i have a 99 ex which i just put a b18c into it i have the obd2a p72 ecu and i have no vtec....i checked the vtec solenoid wire and it gets power when the vtec engages so i moved to the green plug which is the vtec pressure switch right? Well if so i checked the hane's book to test and it said to check the blu/black wire with a volt meter with the key turned on, and it should read 12v .....did that got nothing so....i hooked the blue wire directly to the battery to see if vtec would kick in and the wire melted.....so i think the switch is bad so is there anyway to bypass the vtec oil pressure switch so i can hit vtec?

if the pressure switch is bad you should be getting a check code for it. and there cheap i would just replace it and make sure you have enough oil in the motor

will the switch off my D16y8 work?...... and what am i suppose to do if i replace it and the ecu doesn't send the 12v to the plug?

the pressure switch should work i think there all the same, are you getting any check engine lights

no check engine lights but the ecu is a jdm p72 obd2a so i didn't know if a light would come on...i checked the blu/black wire for the pressure switch like it says in the manual and it says with the key in the on position it should be at 12v, but it don't even register. So what could be my problem...

all i did to the wiring was add the iab plug and lengthing the vtec wires.

Back