no vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

allgo

if my oil pressure to too low, how can i tell. will a cel come up???

i have an problem, there seem to be oil on my vavle cover, hood, ect.. where can it come from???

I had the same problem with my old civic motor. The piston rings were fried. If you pull off the pvc pipe and plug the piece that goes in to the intake manifold (I used heat shrink). It will make your engine run for a while. Mine lasted over 4 months.

are u sure that my piston rings are fried?? it seem like its leaking from the 3rd and 4th cylinder, oil on top of my vavle cover. can it be anything else other than fried rings. will a compression test let me know whats wrong with it?? all help wanted

if the rings were fried wouldnt he be burning oil and not leaking it?

get a cheap compression tested, take all the spark plugs out, then put the tester in 1 plug, attempt to turn engine on. then stop. check the compression. do this on all 4 cylinders. each cylinder should be 10 off of each other. then, to check if u need new valve seals, put some oil down each spark plug hole, and do it all again. if the compression on a cylinder changes signifigantly u need new valve seals asap, if its just a bit off u should replace them soon.

and if theres oil on ur valve cover. use a funnel, less oil misses the hole that way when ur topping her up. :p

if you have oil on the outisde of you motor and in your bay, hitting VTEC si the last fucking thing you should be worried about.

FIND the leak, crack, bad seal (rear main???), or gasket and fix it.

Back