No vtec ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:andrew

i have had a jdm b18c in my 97 honda civic dx for a couple months now and for some reason recently it has seemed to lack power my friend who works at honda says it seems like vtec is not kicking in but im not sure i do have two check engine lights on one is idle air control and the other is oxygen sensor circuit slow response but i dont think it is related but not sure ive replaced o2 sensors and cleared it but check engine light keeps coming back i do have possibly bad plug wires do to bad spark plug oil seals but doesnt seem it would lack that much power from that im just confused any advice would be appreciated

If for some reason your o2 isn't reading the ECU maybe running on preprogrammed maps since it isn't getting a signal to adjust by. This could affect performance. The spark plug seals don't do much more than keep oil out of your cylinders, but if you have bled a significant amount of oil into your cylinders it's possible you are running to low to engage vtec.

Not enough oil, vtec won't engage if the oil level is too low.

Back