No wonder the CPSC hates go karts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I used a 2x4, 2lb hammer, and two 27" tire spoons.

that's a sure fire recipe to hate changing tires manually.
I would assume breaking the bead was challenging, and then keeping the rim in place with a knee while trying to use the tire spoons was a nightmare.

I used the 2x4 partially under the front tire on the RamCharger to break the bead, then used the old Indian trick of a hacksaw blade to cut the bead ring, lol.

I just held the wheel in place with my knee while getting the tire on. If it were a bigger tire I would have bolted it to a piece of wood.

Got the bead to seat by using a ratchet strap.

No big deal really, I always swear when putting tires on small wheels.

Just traded it. I'm getting the driveway seal coated for the price of materials with the trade.

$600 for the go kart.

I have 4100sqft of asphalt, so, yeah. It was an easy decision.

One of the guys said "Would you sell the go kart?" So I threw out $600. His eyes widened, and he agreed. I can barely buy the amount of asphalt sealant I need for $500. And for $100 more I don't have to do it myself? Hell yeah.

So, I'm pretty pleased with trading out the go kart for the labor on the sealing job. It's gonna take them a couple hours instead of taking me a whole day.

Back