No work for me, again :(

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Thanks guys. Looks like it's going to be a busy week for me trying to find a job. Right now I'm about to sell my Accord to try to help my sister pay to get her car fixed(flood damage at UNC-G); and also pay my mom back whatever I owe her. If it comes to it, the Civic will get parted out/completely sold too; and I'll just get around on a Huffy bicycle. :)

I've already stocked up on noodles and rice. :)

BTW, damn rice is expensive!!! ~$40 for a 50lb bag.

On top of that, I think I may now be eligible for those community college grants; I just have to go to school full time.

Last edited:
I feel bad for the worker's comp adjuster who handles that account...and of course for all the dead and injured people and their families

Thanks guys. Looks like it's going to be a busy week for me trying to find a job. Right now I'm about to sell my Accord to try to help my sister pay to get her car fixed(flood damage at UNC-G); and also pay my mom back whatever I owe her. If it comes to it, the Civic will get parted out/completely sold too; and I'll just get around on a Huffy bicycle.

man i hope you don't have to sell your cars. :(

Man that blows. Good luck finding a new job.

Pizza delivery. Seriously, its good money. You might like it more than making slim jims and just stay there.

He may be on to something. I snapped this a couple days ago.
IMAG0286.jpg

Either times are just tough for this guy, or I need to start delivering pizza.

My buddy delivers pizza in his ///m.

It's paid for though.

damn!

Well, my cousin that had worked for Papa Johns was delivering pizza in a BMW 325i...but it was an older one and paid for. I guess the area I live around is not that great though because he said most of his money was going into gas(but then again his car before that was a 96 Explorer V8)

Man that blows. Good luck finding a new job.

He may be on to something. I snapped this a couple days ago.
IMAG0286.jpg

Either times are just tough for this guy, or I need to start delivering pizza.

I'm not lying. I made more money delivering than I do now. I worked at a slow pizza place and would walk out with at least 60 in tips, tax free, every night. On an awesome night, I've walked out with over 100. Work 4-5 days a week and that turns into some good money.

Some guy on a local forum said they're looking for people to help lay sod; $150 a day cash. Of course, I'll be tan as hell after that. I think it's like 4 days a week, which is good, but not sure if they still need people.

I wish I had their number. :(

Anyways, I heard ConAgra is still going to be paying their employees....Now I do not know if this applies to me since I was a contract worker. If they are, I'm still going to work. :-D

Thanks guys! It's only for a month(they don't know what's going to happen after that); but permanents are getting paid until the plant reopens or whenever they go back to work(one side of the plant is still operable).

I think I may just pocket that money and apply for a grant for school(so full-time school), hopefully I can afford books too.

Back