No0b ? what injectors to use for mini me swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

projectrex88

ok so i have the d16z6 v-tec head im also converting to mpfi ..but im using the 90 si intake manifold do i need to change the injectors to 92-95?

also do i need to change any of the sensors on the intake manifold to the 92-95 ? like the tps or map any of them

umm, i think you may need to use the z6 or y8 intake manifold.. but maybe not.. i've never done a mini-me head swap

Last edited:
thats not good lol i just bought the intakemani so could some one chime in here that has done or knows about the swap

ok so i have the d16z6 v-tec head im also converting to mpfi ..but im using the 90 si intake manifold do i need to change the injectors to 92-95?

also do i need to change any of the sensors on the intake manifold to the 92-95 ? like the tps or map any of them
you can use the OBD0 Si injectors as long as you keep the injector resistor box or you can use the OBD1 Z6 injectors and remove the resistor box - either way will work

you don't need to change any sensors on the Si manifold - use the MAP on the firewall on your car - use the TPS, TA and EACV just as they were on the Si manifold - you need to switch the wires on the TPS connector - the Si intake manifold has a Fast Idle Control Valve on the back on the driver's side end - you won't have a connector on your DPFI harness for the FICV - you don't need the FICV, so just leave it disconnected and plug the vacuum line - make sure you get the right connectors plugged into the sensors - you will have one connector which isn't used - it went to the Tandem Control Valve on the DPFI - it has 2-wire connector with orange and black/yellow wires - just tape that connector back to the harness - the EACV connector is green and has 2 wires, blue/yellow and black/yellow - the TA sensor (plugs into the white sensor on the manifold) also has 2-wire connector with red/yellow and green/white wires

Last edited:
Back