Noid Light not flashing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

delsolh22

My del sol is cranking but it does not start. The noid light is not flashing, i'm getting 12v from the resistor but no signal from the ecu. Do you think its the ecu? or something else?

check and see if your getting fuel if not it sounds like it could be the ecu or possibly the fuel pump
what kind of work is done on the car ? do you have a swap or have you just done a swap was the car running before i mean give a little more before you check those things cause if you just did a swap there might be a wire in the wrong place on the ecu easy fix you just need to switch it - pin 15 and 16 on the A plug need to be switched it's a orange wire but get back let us know what you got first it will help give you a better answer

I got a 94 del sol w/ H22A obd1. The noid light is now flashing. The car cranks but does not start. I check the fuel, that's good. The sparks are good. The timing is TDC, on the cams and crankshaft. all the wire are in order.
When i sprayed the throttle body w/ starter fluid, it shot a flame out of the throttle body. People say its the timing and it's 180 off, if tried moving spark plug wire to make it 180 but it does not start. Do only thing i have not done is check the compression and i have not adjusted the valves. Could this be the problem? Thanks for all the help..:confused:

each injector is run by a seperate wire coming from the ecu, they have a common ground, if you aren't getting any pulses from any of the injectors then I would check fuses 3 and 18 in your under dash fusebox, they should both be 7.5A fuses
Also check your underhood fuse box fuse number 31, this should be a 15A fuse.
If your fuses are all good, check your engine grounds, 1 on transmission and one on cylinder head to make sure they are both there and that they are hooked up.

also, firing order for that engine is 1-3-4-2

And valve adjustment doesn't need to be done unless you changed something in the engine (camshafts, valves, etc.),
otherwise it will run fine, but may require a maintenance adjustment to get rid of any ticking.

All fuses are fine. The motor still just cranks but not starting. The injectors are getting pulses. All grounds are good too. I need to do compression test, that's the only thing i have not done, i hope that its getting good compression. I've tried everything suggested on this thread but to no luck at all. Thanks for all your info's.. :confused:

You can still be 180 off even if you are TDC with timing marks all aligned. You can be TDC on the exhaust stroke instead of the compression stroke. Make sure your on TDC compression. With the timing marks aligned

You can still be 180 off even if you are TDC with timing marks all aligned. You can be TDC on the exhaust stroke instead of the compression stroke. Make sure your on TDC compression. With the timing marks aligned

That wouldn't matter; inline 4 cylinder engines that have the distributor on the cylinder head cannot be 180 out on the block, the cylinder head is what makes it compression or exhaust stroke, either way the piston is at the top of the bore and the vavles are closed.
The only thing I think is that he has his wires hooked up in the wrong places, he may have his firing order correct, but he could be off 1 position on his #1 plug wire
I know that with b series engines you can't even install the distributor 180 out, it has an offset lug that connects to the cam, and I also know that b series vtec engines use a waste spark so you can actaully have your firing order 180 out and it will still work.

Last edited:
Back