Noise sound while in gears

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yo

its just high miles and hard shifting that causes this.. and right where the shifter linkage bolts to the trans well thats what flys apart .. i had a whole the size of a soft ball and gears all over the place and it made a hmming noise for like a week only in gear.. brfore that.. just get a trans if your good you can have it out and in in a day i did.. or you can convert to hydro thats alot better clutch response.

im wondering, did you ever loss any gears at first or did the whole thing ga-boom, fell out? Just heard from straight HONDA DEALER (know a good person there) that it can be from what you said or bearings, low fluid, fluid not changed, axles, or the pressure plate thats causing the noise....its not doing any hmmming noise....kinda like a knocking noise but in a really fast knocking pitch...

well changing the fluid today AND....the fluid was totally DARK GREY....i having trouble with the FILL-IN bolt for the fact there isnt much room....HELP! Dont really want to use a 17mm wrench cause i dont want to strip the crap out of it...socket fits in but the Rachet doesnt have room to be able to fit into the socket...

MORE HELP PLEASE!!! thanks

bump for syncromesh... by the way, Penzoil sells a direct copy of the stuff for 10 bucks a quart. It even says on the bottle that its a replacement for the GM stuff. I've used it for awhile and it makes the gearbox feel like butter

Should be less than $10...unless the prices are now jacked up; I remember buying them for like $5 a quart.

noise

yea man everytime you acelerate threw a gear theeres a humming knock pitch sound and no i never had a problem with any of the gears.. i just hit 3 pretty hard 1 day and its like the tranny exploaded lol and it did.lol got it home jacked it up and the whole back of the trans where the shifter linkage gos on was gone... my advice if its making any noise rebuild it before it destroys the case.. its not as hard as you think to rebuild a trans.. i worked in a trans shop for a few years.. and ive done several different cars and trucks with no problems.. just find a trans screw the fluid thats not ganna make a difference .. if you get a brand new never used trans then worry about getting the best fluid.. well man hope you get it fixed good luck..

:werd:

On D-series; it's common for the ISB to go out also.

Ok, i did the change and the noise is still there but a little quieter...u can hear first and second gear but 3-5th is quiet....now the problem i keep hearing is the BEARING...i suppose it is...:(

thanks for you guys help...car is up for sale..look for my other thread....

FS: 91' Honda CRX SI

47b6d730b3127cce8d733d8c37e800000036108Aas2zFi1buK

47b6d730b3127cce8d7334f7f63f00000026108Aas2zFi1buK

this new MTF is supposed to behave like GM syncromesh.

part number/$ per quart.
Honda: P/N 08798-9031 $5.63
Acura: P/N 08798-9031A $8.00 (don't get it there)

Fluids right now i can careless and is what i should of thought of not getting....its the transmission, getting a USED one from the junk yard but different gear ratio....1.6L same shit but different gear ratio....

Get a DOHC ZC transmission, 92-95 Civic Si/EX final drive assembly, and swap over your Si countershaft. Remember to check the differential shim clearance.. ;)

Back