Noisy shafts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gatto-is-alive

i just swaped a b16 in my ef civic and i used the axels from the da6 integra ,now i tried it on the road and when i steer and get off i hear a noise coming from the shafts ??:huh:

some of those axles have an ABS ring on the outer splines, check and see if they may be causing your problems.

can you describe the noise?

i recently did some work on my front suspension and even though it all went back together tight, now i have some kind of loose rattle noise on the left front when the wheel gets pushed upwards, usually heard 3rd gear speedrange. i still dunno wtf it is.

When you hear the noise does it cause a vibration? if you used the wrong half shaft it could be causing the axle to bind. if it is this you can jack the car up and spin the left tire if it jumps up and down then that is it. it could also be in the tranny. my diff blew up once. went to the track and made about ten runs. went home and nothing was wrong about a week later i heard a noise in the diff. thought it was the axle because CRX's with a b16 swap loose the boot off of the right axle often so i thought it was not greased up. i left my house went to my dads house 15 minute ride with no problem. comming home no problem untill i got out. there was a trail of fluid from his house to mine. the center shaft in the spider gears had sheared the pressure pin and slowly worked its way out untill it nocked a hole in my trans. that was a bad night. The noise that it made was a clicking noise, when i let off, but not loud enough to worry about. i guess it is worth checking so jack it up in neutral and spin the tires and listen for the noise in the diff if you dont hear any thing then it is not that.

Last edited:
i used the whole front suspension from the da 6 becuase i bought a half cut teggy and so i changed the whole suspension and axels to be sure that they are the right ones for the whole engine swap and the noise is like "tlik tlik tlik" but i'm hearing it only when i drive the car whith the steering wheel all turned L or R

sounds like axle binding a bit, or a dead axle if its doing that. Your going to have to visually inspect it.

Next thing I was going to suggest was the oil in the transmission.

Back