1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nology hotwires on order?

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by j954drgsr, Mar 9, 2005.

1. j954drgsr

j954drgsr Member

Just order some nology hotwires for my b20vtec and im wondering if anyone thinks if its going to show any gains on the dyno. My dyno date is next thursday 3/17/05 and hoping ill recieve the wires in time being that its shipping tomorrow priority postal. I don't have a goal on horspower but im hoping to do 200 to the wheels but my goal is to do 14 flat or break into the 13s. Knowing that i hit 14.5 last year at 97.55 in my 4dr gsr with b20z vtec, IH and open cat,pinch fuel return line, a/f gauge. This year i added itr cams, aem cam sprockets, skunk 2 manifold, hondata heat shield, fpr and guage, bf goodrich t/a drag radials, hondata s200, nology hot wires and dyno tune. I will post my dyno graph soon afterwards. Any thoughts welcom.

2. Citizen_Insane

Citizen_Insane Senior Member

Nope, Its been dyno proven that they make less power than OEM Honda wires. OEM make the most power until you reach rediculous power (like 400hp)

3. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

Yeah, I don't know if they'll necessarily produce a loss in horsepower, but there's no way in hell wires MAKE power.

4. 92dxhatch

92dxhatch Senior Member

Wires just help the flow of your spark, keep it from loosing too much power, if you want like a hp or two, go msd, i think i gained like 1 or two in my 72 ford. not worth the money for hp.

5. UDT

UDT Senior Member

Ya know, I like my msd wires, But they had never poped off til one day outa the blue, then again like aweek later then like once morea month later. And then from there people would ask what kinda wires i got, and i would tell them MSD, and then in return they would most often say something like " Have they ever poped of befor?" (looking at me with a smile) And thats happend more then once now, actualy 3 or 4 times. Kinda makes me wounder, though it really didnt do it till the one day outa the blue and didnt see mto beto big a problem other then my car running like ass in the middle of an intersection and super underpower, thank god it wasint on the freeway. With that said maybe the rubber was cycled on the wires one to many times or something and they dont grip well any more i dunno.

6. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

the metal inside is prob a little too flexed... needle nose should fix your problem...

72 ford = V8
    1 hp gain on 8 cylinders = 1/8 hp per wire

4 cylinder = 1/2 a hp for over 100 bucks for nology...

not worth it... get OEM replacement and be of sound mind till you push 400 hp...

7. 92dxhatch

92dxhatch Senior Member

that's funny you say that, i have accell wires, and they pop off all the time, i even had it pop off the dizzy, and in the intersection i sounded like crap and ran like crap, felt all wrong, so in the middle of traffic i get out of my car and fix it, funny too because i people complainin, oh, well. :lol:

8. Bl6CRX

Bl6CRX Senior Member

Hahah, you've seen my zip-ties right?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted