Non Gsr 1.8 Dohc Vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

samad

sooo is there such a thing, a 1.8 dohc vtec thts not from a GSR but from an integra but jus not gsr. :eek:

B18C4 from the Europeon Aerodecks and Civic 1.8 VTi.

s3ec7a0ef0271d.jpg

anything thats vtec that isn't an r motor, but still has a 1.8 displacement is a gsr motor.

the jdm ones came with higher compression, and i think the Euro's came with higher compression too.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jun 19 2003, 04:36 PM
B18C4 from the Europeon Aerodecks and Civic 1.8 VTi.

s3ec7a0ef0271d.jpg

Not quite, this engine (as stated) came in a Civic.

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Jun 20 2003, 05:35 PM
anything thats vtec that isn't an r motor, but still has a 1.8 displacement is a gsr motor.

No, they ARE NOT, refer to above post.

ok lets get really technical, what is different in the b18c4, other than the fact that its euro domestic market, and it came in a civic.

i just meant that all the 1.8 vtec's that aren't R-motors are basically the same with very minor differences, however the R-motors have different heads with different cams and different pistons along with an external oil cooler.

Actually the head casting makes a huge differnce. The C Spec R and the C5 (and I think the C7) all have a B16 casting. I am not sure what head the C4 used.

Originally posted by saturn_boy96+Jun 20 2003, 11:10 PM-->
ok lets get really technical, what is different in the b18c4, other than the fact that its euro domestic market, and it came in a civic.

i just meant that all the 1.8 vtec's that aren't R-motors are basically the same with very minor differences, however the R-motors have different heads with different cams and different pistons along with an external oil cooler.
If you could, just read this again...

samad Posted on Jun 19 2003
@ 10:57 PM
sooo is there such a thing, a 1.8 dohc vtec thts not from a GSR but from an integra but jus not gsr.

So the answer to the question is YES, there is a DOHC 1.8 vtec in another integra, the Type R.

But yes Saturnboy, it is pretty much the same as the GSR. Here is a pic of my buddies in it's natural enviroment (97 1.8 VTi civic). And no matter the specs, casting,IM, whatever, it still came in something other than a teg.

s3ec7a101bbfe0.jpg

Originally posted by lsvtec@Jun 21 2003, 12:58 AM
Is that the standard EK body?

It's a five door (four door hatchback) here is a small pic of it...

CiviMB6.jpg

I'll try to find I bigger one.

EDIT:here you go...

fe13fd50.jpg

And here is the hatchback part..

fe209515.jpg

How much does it weigh? That is a sweet looking car. Too bad the states never saw it. I'd rock it.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Jun 21 2003, 02:10 AM
How much does it weigh? That is a sweet looking car. Too bad the states never saw it. I'd rock it.

Not sure, I woud guess about 2 and a half, maybe a little less.

Wow, less than my Gen 2. I'd rock it.

Back