Non-Honda help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BlackDx

I own a 90 Isuzu pickup and use to drive it off and on as a beater when other car was down. Well I haven't driven it in roughly 5-6 months (if not longer) and would like to start. I has about 146,000 miles on it at the moment. Its got a 4cy with 2 barrel carb on it, a/c (when it wants to cut on) power streering and brakes if any that matters. I have sprayed with carb cleaner, changed air filter, oil and filter, fuel filter. Put in new battery. spark plugs and plug wires along with a new dizzy cap and the peice in dizzy (can't think of name, i know..retard)

Yet the truck is acting very rough and has a somewhat hollow sound to it (straight pipe exhaust). When I rev it up it doesn't sound like it use to, kinda like its being restricted if that makes any sense. Also the mounts look good but there is serious vibration coming from engine, shakes whole truck kinda. I know the gas in it is a problem cause it smells like a weedeater and I have ran most out by letting it idle (less then 1/4 tank in it now) What else should I... do I need to replace in order to get it acting better. I know it has a hella lotta miles, but it still cranks firt try but I don't want to kill it due to neglect (no more then I have)

I know Isuzu Pup and honda site but you all know your shit and its all basically the same on this level. Hope to have it road wrothy by monday.

Back