1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Non.vtec To Vtec

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> BA-BB /CA-CD' started by l_toknee_l, Feb 11, 2003.

1. l_toknee_l

l_toknee_l Junior Member

i own a f22b sohc nonvtec motor . i want to make it vtec . i just wanted to know is that if all i have to do is put a f22b sohc vtec head on my block ?! with that do i also have to modify or change out anything else like distributor cap, timing belt, cams, etc. ?! would i run into any problems with this swap ?! also i was wondering . how much would the vtec head cost about ?! thanks .

2. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

Well, it's like you said before, if you want to swap the HEAD, you need all the head components. Cams, distributor, cam gears, timing belt, etc. You'll also need a VTEC water pump if they're different from the non-VTEC (I know the Integras are set up this way). You'll also need to run an external oil line like the ls/vtec conversion. You'll need a VTEC computer as well.

Make sure you want to do this swap. It will most likely net you around 10 hp and 1 or 2 foot pounds of torque. It's probably not worth it for the amount you're going to spend. You might be better off saving to boost the non-VTEC engine you have now.

3. driver1

driver1 Senior Member

hey i have a f22 vtec motor with 108,000 miles on it. it is usdm and its in my accord right now but i would be willing to sell the whole motor and trans for $600 that way there you willhave all the stuff you need. and otherwise you can just swap the whole motor and keep your non vtec to biuld a turbo setup with or something. or you could sell it...anyway dont matter but get back to me if you are interested

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted