non vtec to vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You should start a Thread, more people will see , and be able to assist you. By the way, what makes you want to go with the b series in the hatch. Ever considered a h22. Whats your intensions with the vechile?

And if you wanted to do this swap, im sure your gong to need a tranny, ecu, Drive axels. And pretty sure motor mounts, im not a civic expert sp like i said start a thread and more civic techs can assist you

Well my intention is to make my car fast. I have considered the H22 but for the mean time I just want to upgrade to a faster and better engine. For the future I want to make an unusual thing on a civic. I want to modify it to a four wheel drive but it will take lots of time and thinking.

Good luck with the awd, there is a civic in the 80's that was awd. Youll spend more money swapping to b series, h22 + tranny, should only run you about 2,000 and thats 200 hp . Also i didnt think that awd cars have there tranny mounted beside the engine like hondas are, Youll spend thousands making that happen.

Are you planning on boosting the new motor?

The H22 will make that car get up and go, especially with 10psi boost.

Well, i dont think anyone was trying to jack it, he needed some help so i showed him some light, and did you order that harness i found for ya ?

Sorry about the kid, i have been there with my daughter, she had to be hospitalized for RSV for 4 days, pure HELL ill tell ya. but i hope you get your vtec straight and good luck , if you need anymore help just let me know .

not yet haven't even put it in i'm having the head ported & polished different cam you know the drill man. but i do have all the parts. i just wnted to thank you again for your help though.:)

Last edited:
what are you talking about, funny! thanks for the literal man. ok cam you the drill man! so anyways hows the family?

good good, just been playing alot since the weather in virginia has been awesome, also been puttin a h23 head and intake manifold on a F22b1 vtec, its alot more to do than one wuld think, oh yeah also put a turbo on but i need the h23 turbo exhaust manifold, Waiting on my stuff on ebay to sell, about the cams , i nust have been drinking when i wrote that, i thought you said cams, or now you either edited it and messing with me or i was a little to tipsy to be typing , Let me know when you finish the swap , it should be fairly easy . About 4-5 hours at most , and thats drinking while you work , lol

first off what in the hell is wuld? second i edited it to mess with you! third did anyone ever tell you that you shouldn't drink and type, someone could get hurt, sorry man don't mean to bring you down just be more careful will ya. no really didn't anyone tell you that drinking and typing is alot drunk dialing just chill on the drooling on your keyboard it doesn't like that. he-he

Wuld is a typo for would . or even wood. how ever you want to use it, and as far as drinking and typing , i like to live my life on the edge, break as many rules as possible, and i find this one to be the most dangerous of all . lol

also turbos are not as easy to install with out all the damn pieces , SUX

got the head back put it in and the runs perfect took me 4 hrs though but the out come well worth it! thanks for the help now to boost he-he

it's like i swaped in a new engine

Back