non vtec with p28

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93y7

is it possible to run non vtec with a p28? i have a p06 now but am doing a mini me swap soon and i was wondering if i could run the p28 so i can try to sell the p06 to help fund the swap.

Do people just think that the P28 is a magical ECU that will properly run any Honda motor???

The reason the P28 is popular is because it's easy to chip and tune. In stock form, it's not going to run anything well except for a D16Z6. I guess you could get it chipped and then try to find a basemap for your D15, but that just seems like a waste.

Just keep your P06 until it's time for the swap.

actually it runs better than it did with the p06. im guessing because the p06 is for a 1.5 and the y7 is a 1.6. it will be fine because in putting a vtec head on it very soon anyways

did u put a p28 in a dx, running the b7 with the p28 instead? i want to do this, i have a y8 head going on, and looking into geting an ex tranny from the 96-00. but right now, i have a d15b7 with full exhaust (str8 through) intake, throttle body spacer plate, and header. im hoping that using the p28 will give me a more agressive fuel-to-rpm.

i understand i can keep the b7 injectors, but is the dizzy going to work? im under the impression that i can just pop in the vtec ecu, and drive off into the sunset with my new more agreessive map. is this true? im searching for the basemaps to compare the two. how can it properly manage fuel delivery if it is programmed to squirt for vtec, but with the lame d15b7 camshaft not designed to move air like the vtec, wouldent it end up running super rich when vtec engages?

Last edited:
Back