Noob Alert!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

96EKB18C5

Okay, I know I'll get flamed for this one, but what exactly is invovled when getting your ride tuned.Whats a good price to get it done by a shop?:g:

Well a good tuner will listen to the note that each string makes when it is played, then adjust so that it isn't too sharp or too flat. This only applies if you're riding a piano.

I dont have a stock car, 96 ek itr.And that was a good one klyph.I'll keep that in mind when riding my piano.

From Wikipedia:

Engine tuning
Engine tuning involves modifications designed to increase the power of the engine. These modifications can range from a simple chip tuning, to adding nitrous injection, to a complete engine swap.
"Tuning an engine" has many different meanings today. Traditionally, to actually tune an engine meant adjusting the timing and the air/fuel ratios. Today, many people consider tuning to be adding cold air intakes, exhaust systems, turbochargers, or any other part that could conceivably make the car faster. It is important to note that the two different meanings behind the word tuning refer to two completely different methods of making a car faster.
Adjusting engine timing and air/fuel ratios generally improves power and reliability of an engine without any futher modifications. On the other hand, tuning an engine becomes incredibly beneficial after already heavily modifying the engine with upgrades, like forced induction (including nitrous) or adjusting the internal parts to increase engine compression.

Also look here:
PGMFI.ORG - Grassroots ECU Development - Home . WebHome

Klyph is a funny dick, however you don't need tuning on a stock itr unless you are turbo or have done serious engine work(oversized pistons, rods, higher compression, ect.) Basically just buy a chipped ecu and you will run fine.

Back