Noob here, Question on b18c swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

alllooksnnogo

Hi guys, new to the sight! I like it :p

I'm just trying to get a little insight on, like the title says, swapping a 96-98 b18c engine into my 98 civic to replace the d16y8

Now I know basically what is needed for the swap, however, I think I sould try to clear some things up here.

First, I think I might attempt to do the swap myself (me and another techy)

1. Apart from the engine, ecu, lsd tranny, wiring harness, shift linkage, and the mounts that come with it...what else would I need? (A/C is not needed right away so I don't need the del sol bracket)

2. I am fairly handy but I'm no mechanic here. Do you think we can perform this operation on our own??

3. I am aware that the swap is a bolt in and have done research on the topic but would like to know if there are any other little troubles becides converting your wiring harness??

4. What exact mounts do I need in order to complete the swap??

Sorry this is probibly kicking the cat around here but your opinions and answers would be greatly appriciated

Thanks guys :worthy: :D

Matt

1. axles, intermediate sharft

2.yes, should take 1-2 days

3.if you can replace the clutch, with that in mind it is good to just add a flywheel while the motor is out, I always replace all gaskets which you can buy online from a honda gasket kit. New plugs, inspect wires, inspect distributor cap, replace tranny fluid and motor oil. Also it is a good idea to buy a nice aftermarket or oem header along with an exhuast.

4.the oem ones.

Milan

Hey....right on milan, thanks for the info :). I heard however that you need to pick up 99-00 mounts for the install. Is that true??

I think I will attempt it after I'm certain I have all the little goodies that are needed or are a good idea to replace like you mentioned.

:p

Back