noob here

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

so i just bought a project car

i got a 95 civic dx with a d16z6 swap
owner said he added:
-performance intake manifold
-looks like a bigger fuel rail
-cam
-reactive headers (they r on there i can see that)
-high flow cat
-3" pipes to a apexi muffler
-lsd auto tranny
- and all the interior is pretty much gutted, no ac
-all mods done by owner, who is a chevy mechanic :eek:

but my problem is....this thing doesnt move like it should

anyone recomend any shops around raleigh NC that could tune this thing to be
better without throwing a manual tranny and turbo on this thing?

and i will post of pix of this machine in a while

this is my first post. i love the forum lots a great info
thanks in advance for any help

Last edited:
108_0892.jpg

108_0893.jpg

108_0894.jpg

108_0895.jpg

108_0896.jpg

108_0897.jpg

108_0898.jpg

Looks like he trashed it... and the gay ass crooked license plate is annoying.

lol i got a good deal. i dont care about the body

and yeah its pretty trashed/ rigged up

lol, welcomw to hondaswap, and congradulations on posting your first thread in the wrong forum.

use google to find a shop. go to maps and type in performance shop, raleigh nc.

replace the trunk.
and dont believe him about the cam, good rule of thumb, if they cant prove it, dont believe it.

why does the engine look crooked?
and do they make an auto lsd?

the bodys not that bad. just replace the trunk and front bumpercover, fix the passengerside shave job and make the driverside match.
it'll be decent.

-performance intake manifold --- looks like the stock intake D16Z6 manifold to me
-looks like a bigger fuel rail --- again, its stock
-cam --- bullshit
-reactive headers (they r on there i can see that) --- yes, they are there, but they suck
-high flow cat --- bullshit
-3" pipes to a apexi muffler --- bullshit, with a side of whats the F'n point, the ractive header has at best a 2.25 outlet, also a 3" exhaust on a NA car will fucking kill any sort of power you might think about having
-lsd auto tranny --- BULLSHIT,

Everything about this sucks.

I've seen people spend hard earned money on cars that should be given away freely.

108_0895.jpg

Stare at the far left top header stud and let your eyes drift in and out of focus, I swear to god the image starts warping. Sweet Jesus save my soul.

-performance intake manifold --- looks like the stock intake D16Z6 manifold to me
-looks like a bigger fuel rail --- again, its stock
-cam --- bullshit
-reactive headers (they r on there i can see that) --- yes, they are there, but they suck
-high flow cat --- bullshit
-3" pipes to a apexi muffler --- bullshit, with a side of whats the F'n point, the ractive header has at best a 2.25 outlet, also a 3" exhaust on a NA car will fucking kill any sort of power you might think about having
-lsd auto tranny --- BULLSHIT,

hit the nail on the head there..

Did you try to get the image to warp? Someone else try this. I'M NOT CRAZY. I think.

i got it for 800 US dollars

i am pleased

any tips on what i should get first to gain speed?

im thinking intake manifold

i got it for 800 US dollars

i am pleased

any tips on what i should get first to gain speed?

im thinking intake manifold
you should clean up the outside first. not because it's ugly, but because it's going to catch attention from cops. that thing will get you in trouble.

x2 i paid 1k for my eg and its in better condition than yours and i am not pleased but i guess if you are happy thats what matters most get it cleaned and painted and work on the engine

haha weight reduction first. take off that trunk with 50lbs of bondo on it. that'll speed you up.

Back