noob question but someones gotta ask

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
u agree with them up there^
let people express their car in whatever way THEY wanna, this is what separates HondaSwap from Hater-Tech. (Where; if your car isn't a 95 JDM inspired hatch with Volks you are not worth decent information)
You don't have to criticize, you can state your opinion, but don't make the person feel so bad that they don't wanna do stuff to their car anymore.
To answer your question, thanks to the guy before me i know how.
There are 3 wires on each of your front blinkers. cut the black wire.
My blinkers have gone 'fast' since i got my car, i don't even notice, and neither does anyone else.
Putting a real 'blinker timer' switch on them would be takin it a bit far, but hey that's just my opinion ;)

I did notice that Hondaswap is full of hard up jack asses.. People around here like to bust balls.. They hawk over the forums all day waiting like vultures.. Then, when some dipshit shows up asking how to speed up his blinkers they pounce!

Is there anything wrong with wanting fast blinkers? No. Its a personal preference. Hell, on a freeway they might even be a good upgrade, the faster flashing catching your eye a little better than your average 2 blinks a minute blinker.. You must admit, when you see a blinker blinking faster than normal it catches your eye.. You think to yourself.. their front blinker is blown... Haha.. Then you get on with life, but you DO notice.

Oh, and you can't say "JDM tight" That sounds gay as whoa.. JDM tight.. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

-point proven.

See, so you think JDM parts and styling is "tight". Just like everyone else. It's a fad. JDM is the new rice. Only the true innovators are willing to do what they want when everyone else is following the trend.

my thought towards blinkers is it profiles the speed im going. it looks gay to drive fast and have rediculously slow blinkers. if i wanna drive fast i want to blinkers to keep up. thats my POV.

I guess that does make a little bit of sense...but then again, if I saw you fly by me on the freeway, cutting people off, turn signal flashing 20 times a second, I wouldn't think to myself "damn, his car must be fast!" Instead I would just think you were an asshole with a busted turn signal...but whatever...it's your choice man...

.. You think to yourself.. their front blinker is blown... Haha..

Exactly...that's why I think it's dumb...it doesn't look like a "mod" to me...it just looks like there's something wrong with your car...

See, so you think JDM parts and styling is "tight". Just like everyone else. It's a fad. JDM is the new rice. Only the true innovators are willing to do what they want when everyone else is following the trend.

I agree...some JDM parts are nice, but then again, there are some JDM parts that I think are really ugly and useless...I wouldn't ever put JDM stuff on my car just because it's "the cool thing to do..."

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Aug 30 2005, 07:35 AM
[post=547285]Quoted post[/post]​

Ok can someone explain to me how making your car look stock as possible with jdm parts a fad? Its either bodykits and wings like you or a clean JDM stock look like mine. ONCE AGAIN TO EACH THERE OWN. Why be all kitted out and get pulled over or look stock and get left alone. Only true innovators are willing to do what they want. Whatever. I want my hatch to look stock. i guess im an innovator then. what you said makes no sense, But this coming from Captain Rice bowl. I know your leading the way with 52" double stacked wings on a ek. what were you trying to be the innovator of?????

JDM items because they are MORE FUNCTIONAL than the USDM piece = :thumbsup:
JDM items because iTs MaDd jDm y0!!!1!!! = :ghey:

Originally posted by Lshatch916+Aug 31 2005, 12:41 AM-->
Battle Pope
@Aug 30 2005, 07:35 AM

Ok can someone explain to me how making your car look stock as possible with jdm parts a fad? Its either bodykits and wings like you or a clean JDM stock look like mine. ONCE AGAIN TO EACH THERE OWN. Why be all kitted out and get pulled over or look stock and get left alone. Only true innovators are willing to do what they want. Whatever. I want my hatch to look stock. i guess im an innovator then. what you said makes no sense, But this coming from Captain Rice bowl. I know your leading the way with 52" double stacked wings on a ek. what were you trying to be the innovator of?????
[post=547677]Quoted post[/post]​

JDM is not stock! JDM is JAPAN STOCK! And sometimes it doesn't look anything like USDM, and sometimes it looks downright goofy when you see JDM everything on cars driving around here in the states! Stop orgasming over your JDM map lights and your authentic "Ferio" badges and things of that nature! 99.9% of people do not notice or appreciate such things, and most of the rest probably wouldn't care anyway!

E_SolSi Posted Today, 12:51 AM
JDM items because they are MORE FUNCTIONAL than the USDM piece = thumbsup:
JDM items because iTs MaDd jDm y0!!!1!!! =

Now that's exactly how I feel about it...if a JDM piece happens to be noticeably more useful or performance oriented than a USDM piece or an aftermarket piece, then by all means use it! But I'm not going to rule out using aftermarket upgrades simply because they are not authentic JDM!

A good example would be a Wings West lip kit. JDM? No. Simple, clean, and good-looking? YES!

JDM is not stock! JDM is JAPAN STOCK! And sometimes it doesn't look anything like USDM, and sometimes it looks downright goofy when you see JDM everything on cars driving around here in the states! Stop orgasming over your JDM map lights and your authentic "Ferio" badges and things of that nature! 99.9% of people do not notice or appreciate such things, and most of the rest probably wouldn't care anyway!

I didn't read the rest of the post cuz I'm lazy, but here is where I think a lot of people go wrong with their views of cars. 99.9% of people might not appreciate your JDM map light, but if your in that .01% then hell yea you should get yourself one. Its your car, you own it, not somebody on an internet forum you've never met, not that guy who might laugh at your JDM map light, not that stooge next to you at a red light. Build your car for what you want and be damned with other peoples oppinions.

Just think about it this way, I'm sure that guy in the brand new Carrera GT think its funny as hell that your spending money trying to get a horsepower or two out of your honda.

all of this just from someone asking how to make his blinkys go faster... hahaha

i think out of the millions of people who put jdm stuff on their car.. ill bet most of them do it cuz it looks good to them or makes their car look better than the usdm.. and the rest probably do it cuz they consider it as "bling"..

for example, when you see someone pull up in a DC with a jdm front end conversion.. your either gonna be like

a) DAMN that car looks so much nicer with the jdm front end

b)JDM yO! damn that musta been expensive.. what a BALLER :blink:

c) hey how come that 1991 integra looks so much nicer than all the other ones??? (basically me before i got onto this site haha)

or
d) whatta RICER.. spent all that money on that useless jdm stuff (either a HATER or someone who spends money STRICTLY AND PURELY on performance)

once again.. i like jdm cuz some of their parts are better looking.. i wouldnt care about a jdm cup holder tho haha but yeah.. JDM Y0!! :p

Originally posted by y0iTsDEENOSE@Aug 31 2005, 11:10 AM
all of this just from someone asking how to make his blinkys go faster... hahaha

i think out of the millions of people who put jdm stuff on their car.. ill bet most of them do it cuz it looks good to them or makes their car look better than the usdm.. and the rest probably do it cuz they consider it as "bling"..

for example, when you see someone pull up in a DC with a jdm front end conversion.. your either gonna be like

b)JDM yO! damn that musta been expensive.. what a BALLER :blink:

c) hey how come that 1991 integra looks so much nicer than all the other ones??? (basically me before i got onto this site haha)

or
d) whatta RICER.. spent all that money on that useless jdm stuff (either a HATER or someone who spends money STRICTLY AND PURELY on performance)

once again.. i like jdm cuz some of their parts are better looking.. i wouldnt care about a jdm cup holder tho haha but yeah.. JDM Y0!! :p
[post=547795]Quoted post[/post]​

Well I certainly understand why people do the JDM Type-R conversion on Integras...it's about 200x better looking than the USDM Integra front end.

I was just talking about people who obsess over every tiny little obscure JDM part, like map lights and bumper poles and emblems and stuff like that...stuff that hardly anyone will notice or appreciate... and I also don't like it when people limit themselves to JDM parts exclusively...because there are plenty of good tasteful modifications to be made with aftermarket parts. I just hate it when people think JDM is the end all of car modification...like if it's not JDM, then it's garbage...understand?

Originally posted by 94accordex+Aug 31 2005, 08:51 AM-->
y0iTsDEENOSE
@Aug 31 2005, 11:10 AM

b)JDM yO! damn that musta been expensive.. what a BALLER  :blink: 

or

once again.. i like jdm cuz some of their parts are better looking.. i wouldnt care about a jdm cup holder tho haha but yeah.. JDM Y0!!  :p
[post=547795]Quoted post[/post]​

Well I certainly understand why people do the JDM Type-R conversion on Integras...it's about 200x better looking than the USDM Integra front end.

I was just talking about people who obsess over every tiny little obscure JDM part, like map lights and bumper poles and emblems and stuff like that...stuff that hardly anyone will notice or appreciate... and I also don't like it when people limit themselves to JDM parts exclusively...because there are plenty of good tasteful modifications to be made with aftermarket parts. I just hate it when people think JDM is the end all of car modification...like if it's not JDM, then it's garbage...understand?
[post=547811]Quoted post[/post]​

ok i dont have a some weird map lights or emblems. I have JDM parts for function(motor and shit). I dont really care about emblems and shit like that. If i had a teg u can best believe the jdm teg front end would be on it. granted it has on proformance adding features but it jus looks bomb. I could care less about some cup holder or some door handles....

Originally posted by wanderinman@Aug 31 2005, 11:04 AM

I didn't read the rest of the post cuz I'm lazy, but here is where I think a lot of people go wrong with their views of cars. 99.9% of people might not appreciate your JDM map light, but if your in that .01% then hell yea you should get yourself one. Its your car, you own it, not somebody on an internet forum you've never met, not that guy who might laugh at your JDM map light, not that stooge next to you at a red light. Build your car for what you want and be damned with other peoples oppinions.

Just think about it this way, I'm sure that guy in the brand new Carrera GT think its funny as hell that your spending money trying to get a horsepower or two out of your honda.
[post=547792]Quoted post[/post]​

So following your logic, if somebody wants to add a horiffic looking body kit, unpainted, chicken wire from home depot filling all the holes in the kit bumper, cut springs with crazy camber, a wing on top of a wing, "gen-5 carbon fiber black housing altezza tail lights," and those queer light up radioactive symbol emblems...you would encourage them to do so because it's their car and they should build it like they want?

ok i dont have a some weird map lights or emblems. I have JDM parts for function(motor and shit). I dont really care about emblems and shit like that. If i had a teg u can best believe the jdm teg front end would be on it. granted it has on proformance adding features but it jus looks bomb. I could care less about some cup holder or some door handles....

Yeah, I'm in total agreement with what you're saying there man. Here's a good example of what I mean:

Good use of JDM parts: swapping a JDM H22 into your 93 Accord, and maybe the one-piece headlights and some ITR rims...all of that either increases performance or the parts are a lot nice looking than the USDM pieces...

Bad use of JDM parts: paying 100 bucks on e-bay for an authentic broadway rearview mirror, 50 bucks for a bumper pole, 50 bucks authentic "Accord Inspire" emblems for your 93 Accord...that stuff is just retarded, serves no purpose, doesn't look good, and not to mention 99% of people who look at your car won't understand or appreciate the fact that you have authentic japanese parts on there...

But anyway, sorry for my rants, this discussion has gotten way way off topic...

my final response hoping to end this pointless thread:

im not going to go to the xtreme just to make my lights blink. i thought it was just a knob or something. im not going to ni***r rig my car just to get fast blinks, THAT is what i consider rice. going to the extreme or nig riggin just for somethin i hate shortcuts
i will just keep my stuff clean and organized. no cutting shit just a light. and as far as gauges go. they arent rice unless u got that big tach on ur dash and i happen to peek in ur window and its and automatic.

thats it

thanks

Originally posted by -94-AccordH22@Aug 31 2005, 02:02 PM
my final response hoping to end this pointless thread:

im not going to go to the xtreme just to make my lights blink. i thought it was just a knob or something. im not going to ni***r rig my car just to get fast blinks, THAT is what i consider rice. going to the extreme or nig riggin just for somethin i hate shortcuts
i will just keep my stuff clean and organized. no cutting shit just a light. and as far as gauges go. they arent rice unless u got that big tach on ur dash and i happen to peek in ur window and its and automatic.

thats it

thanks
[post=547970]Quoted post[/post]​

ok just to let you know...you need to chill off that n****r rig shit, because contrarie to popular belief not everyone white and or asian in this forum. please choose your word more carefully. Im not gonna blow up. just watch your mouth please

this thread is over.

no racial slurs on the board.

this thread makes me wonder why everyone with a clue is tossing their hondas... including my self. its become over-run with a bunch of 16-yr old mentallity 20 yr olds.

and thats sad.

i see battle pope is posting... i'll wait for his post before i lock it.

Originally posted by Lshatch916+Aug 30 2005, 10:41 PM-->
Battle Pope
@Aug 30 2005, 07:35 AM

[post=547677]Quoted post[/post]​

You're a hypocrite and a downright motherfuckin' bitch.

If it's "to each their own" then why are you PERSONALLY ATTACKING ME because I USED TO OWN a Honda with a bodykit? Haters like you are one of the reasons I'm starting to despise the import community. That's fine if you want to look "stock". Maybe I wanted a kit? Fuckin bitch.

EDIT: Lock 'er up, B. I'm done with this asshole.

This topic has gotten out of control. There will be no further discussion / argument.

Closed by a moderator.

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back