NOOB question of the Year

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

integraslut78

Stylus DJ Extraordinaire
So I just got a new torque wrench but I can't remember for the life of me how many foot lbs. of torque to torque down my wheel lugs???? It's a 2001 Integra with 16" Rotas and the buddy club lugs if it matters. Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving. Oh and let the flaming begin :ph34r:

man I've always used the rule of thumb that a 1/4 to 1/2 turn more after you can't tighten them anymore with a socket wrench.

i thought it was 100. i wouldnt know though. I just hit it with the impact.

Thanks guys.... I noticed after I got my wheels and my valve cover off (I needed to check some things under the valve cover) that the wrench my friend got me was inch lbs. and not foot lbs. So needless to say I am waiting to get the right one and my car is torn apart. Hopefully I can get it tomorrow. Knowing somone that can get you cheap tools RULES.....

assuming this guy isn't always taking turns sharply i would think 90 ft/lbs would be sufficient but there is nothing wrong with tq'n them down a little more. tq them down to 100 ft/lbs. providing you don't have aluminum lugs you should be fine but i found that if you tq aluminum lugs down to tight you'll strip the threads right off the bastards.

assuming this guy isn't always taking turns sharply i would think 90 ft/lbs would be sufficient but there is nothing wrong with tq'n them down a little more. tq them down to 100 ft/lbs. providing you don't have aluminum lugs you should be fine but i found that if you tq aluminum lugs down to tight you'll strip the threads right off the bastards.

true story. but if you look at my post again. youll notice that i said 90 INCH/lbs wont cut it.

oh...my bad...sorry bout that. totally right on the inch lbs though.. that shit would probably fall off.

Back