NOOB QUESTION!!!! please healp

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jrc weez00

i have a b18a1 turbod and its got a blown head gasket. im going to change the head gasket tonight and put in arp head studs and all that good stuff while its off but ive never taken a head off a honda motor. i was told i dont have to the the intake manifold off but can someone give me a quick brief step by step on taking my head off and maybe torque specs? please and also since its turbo should i put a thicker metal head gasket on to lower compression? thanks

Seriously, go buy a Chilton or Haynes manual for this sort of thing. Either one will give you all the information you are looking for, and probably more. At the very least, it's a great bathroom read.

If you've got the cash flow for the gaskets and studs, you should have the 20 bones for a manual.

Someone else will have to help you w/ turbo. IDKS about boost, but I don't think that a thicker gasket will impact compression very much...unless it's stupidly thicker...

i knew that but like i mean should i get one? or its not neccassary and a buddy of mine came and helped me do it the heads ready to come off im replacing everything while i got it out. valve seals, gaskets orings, the works but im worried about getting it back together in time haha

did he say there is no reason to get a head gasket????
im guessing he bought the car with the B18 and turboed all ready
just start unpluggin stuff..no you dont have to take your intake off..i dont when i change my head gasket..youll learn as you go..and if you fuck up..i bet you wont do it again!

I'll pm you a website to go to if you don't want to buy a freakin manual. It's free. No dumbass spam shit either. SO THERE WILL BE NO EXCUSES TO NOT USE A FREAKIN MANUAL!!! And for the ARP head studs, for some cars (mainly preludes, but i haven't replaced a headgasket for a b18 IN an Integra yet), but you might get to the point where the intake won't clear the top/back part of the engine bay w/o the risk of damaging the TPS since you have to come straight down with it. There might not be a problem since the motor isn't tilted like an H22 or H23. BTW, WHAT'S UP BLANCO!!! <<<<(That guy knows what he's talking about)

Back