noob question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

micah

my car just started backfiring a couple days ago.

and now it is detonating REAL bad.

i think i might have gotten ahold of some bad gas for one thing. i put some engine treatment and fuel injector cleaner through.

what else should i do besides checking out spark plugs/fuel filter/injectors/etc?

i work all day so dont have much time to look at it 8\
will have to do this weekend

never use anything less then 93 and sometimes octane booster on top of that.
ill look into voltage as well

and then i get in my car today.

and the bastard wont start.
wants too but sounds like its out of gas, im guessing my fuel pump is bad

turn the key to the on postion, but don't crank.
listen for the pump to turn on. it should "run" for about 5 seconds.

that's EFI for ya.

if you hear it- your pump is good. if you dont.... investigate further, or get better ears.

this happened to bill once.

through my expert disgnostics ( :D ) I was like dude- you bought some fuking Diesl didn't you?
he's like no- i got 89.

well, we hopping in my car and drove to the gas station and asked if people were complaining.... sure enough. the tanker trucker fucked up- put disel in the 89 hole.

bill dropped the tank, dumped the diesl/gas mixture, re-filled up, car was fine. he also got about $350 from the insurance company of the gas company for the error after showing them a "service bill" that he wrote up at work. lol

people always say that
ive turned my key to on all the time and ive never heard the fuel pump lol
and i got pretty good hearing.
oh well :p

Drain the gas tank, save a little bit in a jar, bring to a honda machanic and let them do a test on it. Chances are it is camel piss and water. If you have a recipte (sp?) or c.c. statement saying that you bought it from that station, bitch at them and get money for repairs.

check you timing and valves because a car back fires do to an open exhaust valve at ignition in the combustion chamber.

Turning down the boost would also help your car at least run a little better until you find out the problem. Then again I dont know much about turbo so that is about all I can offer. :(

Back