Noob Swap question/ info

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

prophit

Looking to do a swap here in a few months. Just wanted to know what would be the better setup. Let me explain what im looking to do.

Either Turbo or Supercharged setup
My budget right now is going to be around 3k when i start but will exceed that. I want to know whats going to be the better motor and tranny, within legal and smog reason. I live in northern cali. Well any input will be nice and thanks for the help. Here are some idea's that i have

LS motor with complete motor overhaul (new pistons, cam, rods, head, bored, port and poloished) then a nice sized turbo or supercharger.

or just go with the b18c and just overhaul it but i dont think i will get the power im looking for compaired to a turbo or supercharger. And from what i hear the b18c doesnt work well with either a turbo or supercharger. Well thanks for any help.

Street.. Almost a daily driver. so i need a reliable setup. I dont want to be in there fixing it everyday. Not that i wouldnt mind but that could become a pain in my arse.

what about a LS-vtec with turbo? someone told me that setup could get some nice low quarter mile numbers.

what car is this going into, paying to do labor??? as far as smog goes if you want your car to pass but a stock motor in, my b16 passed and my boys GSR did even better than mine...a turbo or anything modified won't pass, LS VTEC is a nice setup, if you like turbo, id might just go ls turbo...be good as far as the pocket book goes...

Back