noob thread warning! 91 hatch w/ ls swap or wagovan?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

johnwohl

Hey there! It's the quintessential noob post!

So I have a choice between a 91 hatch with an LS swap installed for $1500, it's not purty and has some honda rot.

Or a wagovan in excellent shape with the stock d16a6 for $2500.

Im leaning toward the wagovan because they are a rarity around here and i like 4wd for the winter. what I am thinking is that a z6 head swap on a d16a6 is super easy but I could also do a ls/vtec which would be more expensive but provide more power.

here is what i'm on the fence about. i don't know how much power can be had reliably with the vtecd d16a6 with stock internals, tuning only ignition, timing, and fuel (with bolt ons of course). the good part about it is that if i grenade that engine woops theres $500.

the ls/vtec setup i think would be alot more expensive but it seems like it could provide more power easily. if i grenade that motor though its a hefty chunk of change.

im only looking to do maybe 200whp, i have no idea what the 6 speed on the wagovan can handle, or if a better transmission is even an option with the 4wd.

what do you all think?

wagovan.
You don't want a car with rust, it's always worse than it looks.
If you swap a B series into the wagovan, it won't be 4wd.

Back