Noob to this forum...Hold my hand through this

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ckage83

Ok here is the deal.

I haven't owned a civc since I was 16, back then the engine swaps were new and a major pain in the butt. Now as I read it seems like just about anyone can do it with a basic understanding.

Goal: To create a reliable all motor daily driver that will be quick and corner on rails for "spirited driving". Looking to achive the JDMish look with a quiet exhaust.

Funds: Currently I am fluid with the cost. I don't want a $20k civic but since my wife and I are making good money I can afford to do it the way I want and on my schedule.

I plan on getting a Civic hatch (dx probably) 96-00' (local they are going for around $3500)
The swap I want is the Integra Type-r B18c5 or CTR engine (whichever I can make myself do).

I live in southern maine. If there is a shop anywhere in the New England area that can do this I would gladly pay to get it done, or if somone is willing to help out on weekends I would pay for all the beer, pizza and time.

Can someone please point me to some walkthroughs or reccomend me a shop to start with. I will try to keep the questions to a minimum and use the search function. Thanks and this seems like a great site so far.
~Chris

If you want a cheaper build that will be faster then k-civics in the auto x.go with a h22a block($1000-$2000)h2b kit ($1000-$1500)(comes with all mounts and other acc. the kit has to go from a h block to a b tranny) then a Gsr tranny($400-$1500) there you go low budget build and with less gears to run threw then the k divers have you have the advantage.You have the torque curve of the h series and the wonderful gearing of the gsr tranny.Thats what im going to do this winter so that way im forced to take my time and do it right.I read all up on this and im hooked on it.But theres nothing better then a K killer for a $3,000 budget

Not that what he said isn't bad but ITR or CTR swap would cost you about the same and would be alot easier to install, plus it's something anyone can do since it is a relatively straightforward swap.

If you are willing to travel I live in the albany NY area but Im backed up for about a month right now. 500 for install into dx or 400 into ex, you supply parts

Yeah, I'm not really interested in the H22 powerplant with its weight and all. And I am not up for integrating the two different trannys.

welfare: If I were to get a complete motor/tranny deal from password or some other reputable dealer you could do the deed for $500? I'll PM you to work something out.

Hey welfar where abouts in albany do you live?Im looking for people to help me out with my swap this winter.Im from stillwater thats like 25mins from you.

personally i'd just go with a GSR, mildly modify the motor and do some work on the suspension.. if you wanna do auto-x that will be plenty of power and it'll make a nice daily driver

Pretty sure he's set on the EK, if he didn't buy it already

and wouldn't the K suck for auto-X because of the weight?

I have a eg and i bought it for 2k and the swap will be about 3 so thats 5k so ill take my other 3k im saving and dump it into susp.So im not into the k series.The gsr engine alone costs more dollars then my whole swap would cost so i dont want to play with that.Because im going to be on a budget of about 5k tops thats the whole idea of my low budget build.

Last edited:
I'm weary of a K series swap. The B18c5 has been done and proven.

I am pretty set on a EK, so I will keep looking for a shell and keep working for the swap.

I have a eg and i bought it for 2k and the swap will be about 3 so thats 5k so ill take my other 3k im saving and dump it into susp.So im not into the k series.The gsr engine alone costs more dollars then my whole swap would cost so i dont want to play with that.Because im going to be on a budget of about 5k tops thats the whole idea of my low budget build.

since when was this your thread??

Back