Noob with 94 EX Needs Advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MaxThruster

I just got a 1994 Civic Ex. I have no idea where to begin with tuning. If anyone could let me know what the best newbie add-ons are, it would be sweet. I guess I mainly mean performance, but anything thats a good value and great place to start. Thanks.

what are you looking for and how much cash do you have?

I mean, you have a D16z6 which has about 125 hp stock. that gets a meh. you put a dc header on it, you may get 3 or 4 hp, full exhaust, maybe 5, new intake 3-4...blah blah. Your Civic isnt really modable like a camaro is. If you add a new cam to a Chevy Small Block you could possibly raise 50 horsepower. There arent mods like that for the civic.

if you want something quick, a little turbo setup would let you keep up with my lude ;). or you could swap a GSR into it for quite a big boost (Meaning leaving me in the dust). Its really up to your wallet and what you want. Personally people that go "N/A" on a D16Z6 just upset me. It isnt moddable to the point where its worth it to actually buy anything for it but a new air filter (cause that will at least help your fuel consumption).

It sounds harsh, but thats all i got.

like reikoshea said, start with you basics, your typical intake headers and exaust. from there you have a motor that now can breath good, the next step would be either a cam, cam gear, or something a little better, a turbo or supercharger. i've seen good numbers with a forced induction motor. i'm personally taking a D15b and mating a jackson racing supercharger, and i'm going to tune it, change out the cam and cam gear, throw in a chipped ecu, larger fuel ingectors and a high flow fuel pump. really thats all i want and i might be able to push 180hp if i make the correct tune, maybe more, who knows, its all therory. but all in all its all what you want to do.

you have many choices, especially when it comes to a civic.
you could motor swap, build your existing motor, not do anything to it and save, the options are endless. happy decision making!

Back