noob

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

osf

Does anyone know how the speedo/tach is hooked up to a 96 civic? I have fuel/temp gauges and lights working but for some reason no speedo/tach. Luckily I have a safc to tell me where my revs are :D

OK so no one here knows guess I'll have to check elsewhere. I did find out however that some f*^king genious put in a vtec ecu on a non vtec project, but I don't think this would effect the speedo/tach

I can't believe a site called hondaswap.com doesn't have one person that knows how the speedo/tach works on a 96 civic. Do you guys just not like people new to the site or what?

calm down man, sometimes it just takes a while to get an answer... Anyways did you check the speedo cable coming from the transmission, and to the back of the spedometer? Also you may have just answered your own question, see if you can get the right ecu, that may help things out too.
Good Luck...

LOL :p
Sorry just had to illicit a response
Thanks for recomendation :worthy:
Thats what I needed to know if it came of the tranny or was coming through the ecu. I think I found someone with a p06 so I should be good to go. I will check the cable come daylight. (Hey which one is it or do I have to look that up on my own?)

check your VSS "vehicle speed sensor" located on the passenger side upper portion of the axle on the tranny.

Originally posted by osf@Oct 23 2003, 04:07 PM
(Hey which one is it or do I have to look that up on my own?)

Try the one that goes from the back of your spedometer to the transmission....

Back