Noobie Turbo Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18c1civic97

I just finished putting the b16 into the crx, and to top off this day that's been so awesome I am buying a t3/t4 ball bearing turbo for my eclipse gst. If I wanted to use the t-25 turbo that came stock with the eclipse, where would I find a turbo manifold? I looked on ebay, and besides looking a little cheap, they were made for the t3, t3/t4 and the t4. I'm not planning on running too much boost, probably running around 250 to the wheels shouldn't be getting to greedy. The other question I have is would I have to change the intake system, or would the original intake manifold and cold air intake be sufficient. I am new at this, and its been a great experience so far, so please any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys. :worthy:

You can get a greddy manifold and it will work with your T25 turbo, or HKS has a T25 flanged manifold, go to hksusa.com

250HP on a T25 is pushing it IMO...
.45 A/R 45 trim turbine 55 trim compressor
good for the bottom end but seriously, 250 would be pushing it

Originally posted by b18c1civic97@Jan 4 2004, 11:04 PM
I just finished putting the b16 into the crx, and to top off this day that's been so awesome I am buying a t3/t4 ball bearing turbo for my eclipse gst. If I wanted to use the t-25 turbo that came stock with the eclipse, where would I find a turbo manifold? I looked on ebay, and besides looking a little cheap, they were made for the t3, t3/t4 and the t4. I'm not planning on running too much boost, probably running around 250 to the wheels shouldn't be getting to greedy. The other question I have is would I have to change the intake system, or would the original intake manifold and cold air intake be sufficient. I am new at this, and its been a great experience so far, so please any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys. :worthy:

:hmm:
ok so you're gettin a t3/t4 for your eclipse and you want to take the T25 from your eclipse and put it on your b16 and find a b-series manifold with a T25 exhaust housing flange to mount up to your b16 in your crx?

why not turbo your crx with the t3/t4? by the way is it a t3/t04E ball bearing turbo?

the crx is a car me and my friend have been building for a few months, and I'm actually buying the t3/t4 turbo for my car. We both like the way boost feels, so we got the idea to turbo the car, the car is just a shell with a motor, we took everything off of it (ac, along with the ac plumbing, carpets, all trim, its basically a shell right now :lol: ) The eclipse is my daily driver so I want it to be faster, and the crx is just something we will keep working on and see how fast we can get it. Its basically our testing platform right now, since neither him nor me know about this stuff too much, so we're doing this as we go. I guess the other question I had would be for 250hp, what size injectors should I get, and would I need to get stronger internals. Thanks guys, your help so far is greatly appreciated. :ph34r:

Back