Nopi Finals at California Speedway 10/18-19

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cliff notes:
Nopi Drag Racing Asssociation finals (a.k.a. L.A. Race Wars) will be at California Speedway in Fontana Oct. 18 & 19. YOU CAN RACE YOUR CAR on BOTH DAYS! This is the final competition of the Nopi Fast and Furious racing series. All the big name pros in import drag racing will be there.

OFFICIAL INFO (copied from californiaspeedway.com):

California Dragway To Host NDRA Season Finale October 18 & 19

California Speedway will host the NDRA (NOPI Drag Racing Association) season finale, the Mopar NOPI L.A. Race Wars, at California Dragway on October 18 & 19. The weekend event will conclude the 2003 NOPI The Fast and the Furious Racing Series season. The 10-race season began in April at Texas and will culminate with the world finals at California Dragway.

The two-day action packed event will see NOPI’s professional and sportsman classes, with drivers like Eric Aguilar, Leslie Durst, Bruce Mortensen and Jimmy O’Conner competing for the Xbox Cup, as well Saturday’s open session, where local drivers can strut their stuff. Two burnout contests will test contestants’ skills at leaving rubber on the 1/4-mile drag racing surface. Other contests and numerous displays will allow for excitement and entertainment at California Dragway.

General admission tickets are $40 for the weekend or $25 per day for adults, $5 for children 6-12 and children under 6 are free. Local drag racers can participate in Saturday’s open session for $35 for driver and car only. Tickets can be purchased by calling 800-277-NOPI (ext. 242 or 243) or by visiting nopi.com.

NOPI Race Wars World Finals SCHEDULE...

Saturday:
10:00 a.m. Gates Open
12:00 p.m. Tech Lanes Open
1:00 p.m. Street Racing, Open Session
3:00 p.m. 1st Round Pro Qualifying
4:00 p.m Street Racing Open Session
5:00 p.m. Burnout Contest
6:00 p.m. 2nd Round Pro Qualifying
7:00 p.m. 1st Round Sportsman Class Qualifying
8:00 p.m. NOPI NIGHT Street Drags
10:00 p.m. End of Racing

Sunday:
8:00 a.m. Gates Open
9:00 a.m Tech Lanes Open
Church Service
10:30 a.m. Last Round Pro Qualifying
11:30 a.m. Last Round Sportsman Qualifying
12:30 p.m. Street Racing Open Session
Qualifying ladders posted on NOPI Trailer
1:30 p.m 1st Round Eliminations, Sportsman and Pro Classes
2:30 p.m. Burnout Contest
3:30 p.m. 2nd Round Eliminations, Sportsman and Pro Classes
5:00 p.m. FINALS ALL CLASSES

click on California Dragway-Summer Nights banner on the left:
http://www.californiaspeedway.com

we should have a so cali meet at the race anyone who is about it should race there cars on saturday its only 15 dollars more then normally at fontana which is still pretty cheap

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Oct 1 2003, 03:40 AM
Nopi Drag Racing Asssociation finals (a.k.a. L.A. Race Wars) will be at California Speedway in Fontana Oct. 18 & 19. YOU CAN RACE YOUR CAR on Sat. night! This is the final competition of the Nopi Fast and Furious racing series. All the big name pros in import drag racing will be there.

click on Summer Drag Series (California Dragway) banner on the left:
http://www.californiaspeedway.com

That's what I'm talking about. Are you goin Gabe? This should be the sickest show of the year.... :spin:

yea...i'll be there on one of those days. if my car is running good, i might race on saturday.

looks like i might have to change plans and NOT go to bakersfield and switch off to fontana

although i am quite skeptical due to the fact the last time i was there i got denied cause i had no exhaust... fuck faces!!!

but i emailed the guys at NOPI and they'll be getting back to me regarding the exhaust issue and i'll let you guys know if im goin

sounds good Jason! maybe i'll see u there. looks like i am definitely gonna run my rex saturday.

everyone check out the new detailed info & schedules i added to the first post!

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Oct 14 2003, 10:24 AM
Doesnt look good, Jason. Here is the copied text from the rules page at the Speedway:

Exhaust: Must be routed through street legal muffler(s). All runs will be monitored on a decibel meter (100db at 100’ from the strip). If it is too loud you will not be allowed to run. NO EXCEPTIONS! It is your responsibility.

speedway rules page:
http://dbserver.iscmotorsports.com/Califor...blishment_ID=1&

well the thing is i thought since it is a full event of real import dragsters they might let that rule go...

i dunno, i might not be going then, looks like i'll be heading to bakersfield..

:(

looks like its 100% sure i will be going to bakersfield... eh well maybe at the next meet we plan we can meet Gabe... hopefully we can meet upa t a track and get some serious runs in

B)

oh canek: i plan on beating your time this weekend pal!!! lol [i hope :p ]

Originally posted by 2 litre EG@Oct 16 2003, 02:49 PM
looks like its 100% sure i will be going to bakersfield... eh well maybe at the next meet we plan we can meet Gabe... hopefully we can meet upa t a track and get some serious runs in

B)

oh canek: i plan on beating your time this weekend pal!!! lol [i hope :p ]

I wish you luck brotha :thumbsup:

Back