Northstar V8 MR2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by nfn15037@Dec 25 2004, 10:21 PM
Awesome project! I bet that thing wil be a real handful at the limit, but like you say, it will be a lot of fun :D Any pans on modding the Northstar? I had a 1993 STS a few years ago and it responded amazingly well to cleaning up the ports, a B pipe, K&N filter and a chip. What a beautiful motor and a badass project :thumbsup:
[post=437292]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes. I am modding. I have a new ECU for the engine and the trans. that alone is worth some big power. I am installing higher duration cams and am doing head work. Power output of near 400hp is hoped for

Originally posted by Bill Strong@Dec 25 2004, 11:57 PM
Thanks guys.
Instead of purchasing these overpriced kits, why don't you guys look for existing parts off of other cars. We use vented VW rotors on the rear of the MK1.5 (3SGTE powered MK1 MR2).
Now remember that my engine is in the back of the car. So my brake setup will be different than yours. But yes, you want awesome stopping power? Dont get drilled rotors...  and larger is not always better in the case of a small engined car. Look at what you are doing. AutoXing would require liteweight and soft pads.
[post=437310]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm not much of a DIYer. I wouldn't know what I'd need to piece things together, I'd rather just buy a kit that I know will bolt up. ;)

modding cars isn't cheap, unless you have the time to snoop around for the best deals.

edit: I really won't be doing autocross anyway. Just 1320 drag runs.

nice car man.....

v8 into a toyota....thats nutty.....not to jack the thread but the new import tuner also has a concept car that toyota is coming out wiht and its a v10...

but back to topic...sick build :worthy:

welcome to Hondaswap Bill...cool project...good luck on getting everything hooked up. Looks good so far. B)

Back