Norton Ghost situation

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Liquidblaze

Ok. i have used norton ghost to do a copy of my harddrive to another. The new copy of the harddrive boots and works perfectly in my computer but when i install it into a new computer i just built it will just go to the screen in xp that you get when you press F8. It asks to boot normally, safe mode, or last known good settings. Well i can choose any of them and it just reboots. I think the harddrive needs the new hardware to be recognized. does anyone know of a way i can fix this. Thanks.

Are the 2 computers different hardware wise? If they use different motherboards then you'll need to reinstall windows.

Just reinstall windows over the top of itself.

yes they are different mother boards. if i reinstall windows over the top of itself will i lose information. The problemi is i don't have the money for another key. so i don't wanna lose info that is why i am ghosting

i can sell you a legit xp sp2 key cheap.

Ghost is more for transfering if you get a new hard drive, but when you change hardware, all you drivers are usless.

create a partition and put all the data you want to save onto the "D" partition and then when you reformat the C drive that windows is on, all you need to do is take care of the drivers

pm me, i can send you partition magic 8

Back