1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nos

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by ZAC, Jan 15, 2003.

1. ZAC

ZAC Member

What would be a good compression ratio to run a 75 shot of nitrous.I know that you need low compression for a tubo but I'm not sure about n20.

It's in a b16a1

2. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

I'd think you'd still want a decent compression,since your not going to be squeezing all the time.Unless your talking about a track only vehicle that only see's full throttle racing.

3. knowledge

knowledge Senior Member

the biggest thing with nitrous tuning isn't your compression. It's your A/F ratio. you can squeeze a big shot with high compression. You just need proper tuning.

4. ZAC

ZAC Member

so i will be ok with 11.0:0c/r and a 75 shot as long as I get differnt rings and pistons ? If I'm missing something please let me know what else I should do

Thanx for any help

5. knowledge

knowledge Senior Member

A good reliable fuel system and an experienced tuner w/ a dyno!

6. RFHOMI2U

RFHOMI2U Senior Member

Yea, i'm about to do the same thing. my friend talked me into buying nos, only because my car is slow, and i don't wanna put up the money for a turbo right now. But on my Z6, the comp. ratio is 9.2. would a 100 shot be ok on a wet system????

7. ZAC

ZAC Member

I'm not one of these experts, but I would say its to much (unless you just wanna exuse to do a swap)

8. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

its all about fuel and tuning. and a wet shot kicks in a LOT harder than a dry/fogger does
    75 fogger = 55 shot wet i would say as far as the power it seems to put to the ass dyno

9. doofnoil

doofnoil Senior Member

just upgrade your fuel system a tad and get some different plugs and wires. you don't need to rebuild your engine for a 75 shot, it's perfectly safe if you can give your engine ample fuel. :)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted