Nose Dive Decrease

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

heterosapian

Will increasing the size of the rear brakes over that of the fronts decrease nose dive or will it just contribute to a greater degree of rear wheel lock up under hard breaking conditions? Dont laugh or call me a fucktard, i just had this idea a while ago and it seems like a good one aside from the obvious, and probably unavoidable, latter consequence.

Originally posted by heterosapian@Mar 31 2003, 09:49 PM
Will increasing the size of the rear brakes over that of the fronts decrease nose dive or will it just contribute to a greater degree of rear wheel lock up under hard breaking conditions? Dont laugh or call me a fucktard, i just had this idea a while ago and it seems like a good one aside from the obvious, and probably unavoidable, latter consequence.

it will just increase the chance of the rear locking up

:withstupid:

unless you can find a way around the laws of physics
when you accelerate the weight will be shifted to the rear
when you brake it will be shifted to the front
when you turn it will be shifted to the outside

the only real way around this is to get stiffer springs to decrease the amount of roll when weight is transfered

it could also be that your rear pads are worn down. this could be the case if you replaced your front pads and not your rear ones. some people keep the old rear pads cause they are still good even though the front ones need replacing.

the amount of brake pad material remaining has no effect on braking force. the hydrolics of the brake system are not changed by the amount of brake pad left. on the other hand you could have a bad or sticking rear caliper or caliper slide(s) which would decrease the amount of rear braking power, causing the nose of your car to "dive"

Back