nostrdomus was right....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
the world is going to end in 2014.

mother fucker. go fuck every girl you can.... even fat ones, or ones that i would rate a 4!

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/030902/325/e7cko.html

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/astr...oid_020606.html

375178090.jpg

408456.jpg

but then, they say its not going to happen.....

http://www.msnbc.com/news/960340.asp?0cv=CB20&cp1=1

so what the fuck ? is this some cover-up to keep the general public out of the looting/shock/all hell breaks loose phase for the next 10 years?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 8 2003, 04:25 AM
dude, its all over cnn and yahoo news. its no joke

He's right, its not a joke, but they are already ruling out the chance of it hutting the earth, but use it as an excuse to get laid :thumbsup:

Chances 1/909,000 LOL who wants to bet. Thats some big ass shit, do you really thing its gonna burn in the atmosphere like that, hell nah. We probly wouldn't see it coming by the time it got in sight, oh well. I also just read its an 8th of a mile wide lol, they make it look huge in their cartoon picture. Man scientist and their damn telescopes need to go get laid.

Originally posted by zombie@Sep 8 2003, 07:09 AM
Chances 1/909,000 LOL who wants to bet. Thats some big ass shit, do you really thing its gonna burn in the atmosphere like that, hell nah. We probly wouldn't see it coming by the time it got in sight, oh well. I also just read its an 8th of a mile wide lol, they make it look huge in their cartoon picture. Man scientist and their damn telescopes need to go get laid.

Its only .8 miles wide but you can imagine the force it would have, even though its only that wide. It would cause the mass extinction of the human dinosaurs, i mean race. Its a big deal but likely not to happen so dont sweat it

one thing i dont understand... if you look at the moon through a telescope, the surface is peppered with craters from asteroids and debris. why none here on earth?

Originally posted by DTEC@Sep 8 2003, 12:22 PM
one thing i dont understand... if you look at the moon through a telescope, the surface is peppered with craters from asteroids and debris. why none here on earth?

Well, for one we have an atmosphere, so there are far less to see, and two there are craters and debris everywhere...Yucatan (sp?) Penninsula sits next to a large ass crater...called the Gulf of Mexico.

the earth has an atmospheric layer, where as the moon doesnt, therefore most asteroids and debris burn up before breaking through the atmosphere.

there is no gravity on the moon and no atmospheric layer for shit to bounce off of or burn up, so it is always getting pelted by debris.

We're all gonna die!!

Well we got 11 years to pull some armageddon shit.

If we send a shuttle up there and drill into the center of it, then lay a bomb in there, we could save the world. lol

That's some scary shit though. .8 miles wide is actually pretty big, can you imagine a rock almost a mile wide hitting the earth at the blazing speeds. We'd all be gone.

Originally posted by MXDesa+Sep 8 2003, 07:05 AM-->
pissedoffsol
@Sep 8 2003, 04:25 AM
dude, its all over cnn and yahoo news. its no joke

He's right, its not a joke, but they are already ruling out the chance of it hutting the earth, but use it as an excuse to get laid :thumbsup:

did you read the UK news link

"larger planets like Pluto have a gavitational force that have been know to pull asteroids toward the earth.

:wtf: Pluto is larger than earth? :lmao:

Jupiter pulls asteroids away from earth though, so I guess that evens it out.

Originally posted by sisteve@Sep 8 2003, 08:28 AM
the earth has an atmospheric layer, where as the moon doesnt, therefore most asteroids and debris burn up before breaking through the atmosphere.

there is no gravity on the moon and no atmospheric layer for shit to bounce off of or burn up, so it is always getting pelted by debris.

what physics class did you fail.

The moon does have a gravitational field. therfore it has gravity. unlike the earth at 9.8 m/s^2 , the gravity near the surface of the moon is 1.96 m/s^2

and with changes of 1/909,000, it's nothing to really just dismiss, If you visualize the structure of the planetary system you'll see that over a great deal of time the paths of many of the ellipses the planets follw do cross and it's only a matter of time for two or more planets to every have the chance of colliding as well as objects like comet and meteors.

Keep in mind the structure of the planetary system which is 3 Dimensional doesn't look like your typical 2D picture you see in books, it has a large width at the top and a small width at the bottom like a cone and the sun is at the smallest diameter of the cone and the planets form ellipses in the conincal shape and if you look at the 2D cross section it looks like everything just circles the sun when in fact it's much more elaborate.

:owned:

And this planet needs to be wiped out, and start fresh, we are killing it anyways--would you rather die a slow, agonizing death, or just get it over with?

Originally posted by Afipunk21@Sep 8 2003, 08:56 AM
:owned:

And this planet needs to be wiped out, and start fresh, we are killing it anyways--would you rather die a slow, agonizing death, or just get it over with?

there's a good way to look at it.

Back