1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

not getting spark

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by oneofakinduserid, Apr 22, 2010.

1. oneofakinduserid

oneofakinduserid Eh?

ok, i used throttle body cleaner on my 93 ex last night, followed the directions, didn't get access on anything that shouldn't have been sprayed. i was told it would probably take a little while to get her to start back up, but we tried and tried with no result. in the process, we killed the battery.

this morning, i charged the battery up and tried again. the engine turns but won't fire. there's no spark in any of the four plug wires. i changed the rotor button, and i'm really hoping it's not the coil, since that's a bit more expensive.

any other suggestions as to what to try next? and is there anyway to test the coil? any advise will be appreciated.

2. Scorchin Civic

Scorchin Civic Senior Member

Do you have a friend with a dizzy you could use to see if for sure it's a problem with the dizzy and not something else. I am thinking it might be your coil, it's a common problem that I have seen. If it is you coil, maybe it could be a good thing. You can always upgrade to a external MSD coil setup.

3. oneofakinduserid

oneofakinduserid Eh?

i've been hunting all day for someone with a dizzy we could swap out to check.. everybody's sold the ones they had..

stupid messed up economy, making people sell spare parts to make rent:angry:

4. EnderAW

EnderAW New Member

I'm also betting on the coil, although it sounds weird that cleaning the TB was the final staw for the little guy

5. RickParker

RickParker New Member

Yeah ill bet its the coil.. seen it tons of times before

6. REV2TEN

REV2TEN New Member

Did you check your fuses?

7. sjmccullough2009

sjmccullough2009 New Member

just a dumb question my buddie did this one time put an engine in the car and didnt realize the timing belt broke check that and fuses before your coil

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted