not getting spark

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok, i used throttle body cleaner on my 93 ex last night, followed the directions, didn't get access on anything that shouldn't have been sprayed. i was told it would probably take a little while to get her to start back up, but we tried and tried with no result. in the process, we killed the battery.

this morning, i charged the battery up and tried again. the engine turns but won't fire. there's no spark in any of the four plug wires. i changed the rotor button, and i'm really hoping it's not the coil, since that's a bit more expensive.

any other suggestions as to what to try next? and is there anyway to test the coil? any advise will be appreciated.

Do you have a friend with a dizzy you could use to see if for sure it's a problem with the dizzy and not something else. I am thinking it might be your coil, it's a common problem that I have seen. If it is you coil, maybe it could be a good thing. You can always upgrade to a external MSD coil setup.

i've been hunting all day for someone with a dizzy we could swap out to check.. everybody's sold the ones they had..

stupid messed up economy, making people sell spare parts to make rent:angry:

I'm also betting on the coil, although it sounds weird that cleaning the TB was the final staw for the little guy

just a dumb question my buddie did this one time put an engine in the car and didnt realize the timing belt broke check that and fuses before your coil

Back