not hitting vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

anthonys28

so i got my motor put in the obd0 motor with all the obd2 accesories.....

the only problem is in my hitting vtec.. any help or should i just take it to a tuning shop and see if it needs to be tuned for my ecu

as well as what ecu - checked oil pressure - so car, ecu, motor,

did you wire the knock sensor?? or at least disable it when you chipped the ecu

It could be as simple as the VTEC silynoid(spelling?) is out. I know on both my civic and my GS-R had problems for VTEC to kick in. It would sound like its trying to kick in but wouldn't really work. I had to get those replaced and it fixed the problem. I hope that helps.

why would you want to hit vtec, did it do something naughty? Wouldn't you just want it to engage and make more power?

But I would check the oil as well as the solenoid

yeah i checked my oil im not an idiot........ and my selanoid is fine i got it off my old motor that ran fine until it burned a quart of oil every day and it have crank walk.............

it ran fine with the other motor so the harness is fine

yes it went from an obd2 b16 to an obd0 b16

Last edited:
So your saying you had an obd0 b16a1 in your car, and now it is an obd2 b16 in your car. From the sounds of this, you want to run obd1. What car is all this in?

its a 99 si, it had an OBD2 then got switched with an obd0 motor cause my buddy had it, swapped all the sensors and all accessories, have a p30 obd1 chipped ecu

yes i checked the oil
yes my selanoid works

its a 99 si, it had an OBD2 then got switched with an obd0 motor cause my buddy had it, swapped all the sensors and all accessories, had a p30 obd1 chipped ecu

yes i checked the oil
yes my selanoid works

Wow. You have an obd2b car/engine harness, obd1 jumper harness on an obd2b main harness, and its running off of a obd1 p30 ecu, and the ENGINE is obd0... Holy sheep shit batman!

All I can really tell you to do is to swap the intake manifold for an obd1 b16 manifold, and then put all obd1 accessories back on it as well as an obd1 distributor and injector clips. From there, run the obd2b to obd1 conversion harness with the obd1 p30 ecu. This way, you are converting an obd0 engine into an obd2 car and running it all off of obd1 accessories and ecu.

Back