Not Reving High enough?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90vtec

I got a 88 zc in a 90 civic. The ECU is the pm7 from an 89 teg. The distributor is from a 89 teg. The one with the j-spec engine was shot. My car cuts at 7100rpm, sometime lower. I have a cheap tach so I bought an autometer and it read the same thing. Why wont my car go to 7800 like it should. It's a big jolt when you think you can go higher but then the engine cuts. The zc dist didn't have an ignition capasitor but the 89 teg does, will this effect it? I want those extra 700-900 rpms!!!!!!

:huh: , Mine goes at 7200 rpms :huh: unless you chip it it not supposed to go any higher that's what I think.

Maybe if you got a PG7 and that's for a teg, it should go higher, but then again I'm not sure sorry

liquid00meth, the ecu he is using is from a 88-89 integra. it has the same displacement as the zc, or 1.6 liters. he is not using an ecu with a different displacement than the engine he has. this ecu is commonly used because it is better than a si ecu and much easier to acquire than a zc ecu.

hmm I thought the ls engine was larger. my bad. In any case, the rev limit is still different on the two motors.

Thanks for the correction.

Alls good guys. The PG7 teg ecu cuts at 7800. the pm7 zc ecu at 7500. but the pg7 has a cold cut at 6800. so until my engine warms thats were it cuts. now she goes to 7600 rpm and i write the missing 200rpm of at the cost of the cheap tach!!!

Back