not reving past 5000 rpm!!!!!!!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

elpayaso201

okay so here is the deal i was on a road trip down shifted to past some semis at about 100 mph bang booom wam!@ my car jumped to limp mode. It would not rev past 3200 rpms sound awful so i truned my car of and it was fine started driving again and every time i hit 5k rpm limp mode so i just have to turn key of then back on and it lets me rev up again to 5 k while driving . happens in neutral too any ideas on what it could be! thanks for any ideas
:eek:

okay so i found out what it was after i was going to replace the dizzy the wiring harness connecting to the dizzy was all rotted and one of the wires had broken off thanks to every one that put there 2 cents

listen to josh, i agree swear on it same thing happend to me 2 months ago and just fixed it tonight with my buddy thats got a timing gun i put money on it that it jumped time, i couldnt go past 3500 and mine would shut down also

timing is good check to make sure . but it was the missing blue wire coming out of the dizzy in the 6 wire plug!

Back