Not Starting...Bad Gas?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

smarty009

Ok guys...my car isnt starting...and im thinking it could be because of old gas...let me know what you think...I have an Accord with an H22A swap...it has a new distributor, rotor, and distributor cap...spark plugs are fine

its been sitting pretty much for almost a year...it was running fine...i would take it down the street and back every now and then to keep it running...i couldnt drive it for long distances cuz the tranny was messed up...so it just sat there on the same tank of gas for at least 6 months...

well...i finally get around to taking the car to the shop to get the tranny replaced...i DROVE my car up there...so it definitely cranked right up and everything before i took it up there...they changed out my tranny...and i also had them go ahead and plug in my ECU...(i was running on the accord ECU...and needed the prelude ECU put in)...they were able to crank it right up...and drove the car a couple of miles down the street...then the car shut off on them...and hasnt started since

is it possible that when they changed the ECU over...the p13 ECU affected how much gas was going in...and since the gas had been in there for quite some time...it was bad...causing the car to shut off after a couple miles?

i dunno if im making since...just let me know what you think...

idk, but it sounds like flushing in some new gas is the cheapest option to try! :)

that sucks dude, fix one thing, fux up another.

well g'luck to you!

Back