1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure if any one cares but

Discussion in 'Computers, Games, Electronics etc' started by erikespo, Jun 19, 2005.

1. erikespo

erikespo Senior Member

2. Sabz5150

Sabz5150 FALCON PUNCH!!!

And the younglings finally re-realize the power and flexability of the command line, something a few of us never forgot :)

3. Drake

Drake Well-Known Member VIP

Command Line kicks ass. Seems like Microsoft figured it was time to upgrade it after 20 years. Do you think it will be in Longhorn once it is out? I dont really see why an every day person would need a tool like that.

4. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

funny...
    isnt it interesting that the ceo of M$ and the ceo of RedHat were seen having lunch a few weeks back...
    and now all of a sudden, M$ releases a bash-like program.

heh

5. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

dont bother me, as long as it isnt as dependant on CLI as most linux clients ive used. Id like the people i work with and really people all over the world not to have a stroke when they have to do more than point and click. It will be nice to be able to tell someone just type something in rather than explain through a buncha tabbed menus.

I really hope that CLI has some serious funtionability but i still love the GUI on microsoft cause my mind can only handle so many commands and attributes.

6. Battle Pope

Battle Pope New Member

If I were a hardcore computer user I would probably care more about this, but the only things I really use my compy for is downloading media files, burning them to disc, surfing the web, email/IM, games, and the occasional photoshop endeavor.

Unfortunately I'm with most of america on this one in that I've been spoiled by the GUI.

I'm finally starting to use Linux though, so maybe I'll get more involved.

7. Sabz5150

Sabz5150 FALCON PUNCH!!!

The command line is a very powerful tool. It's simple, elegant and flexable.

8. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

And the creator of Gentoo went ot work for M$.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted