Not sure if any one cares but

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

And the younglings finally re-realize the power and flexability of the command line, something a few of us never forgot :)

Command Line kicks ass. Seems like Microsoft figured it was time to upgrade it after 20 years. Do you think it will be in Longhorn once it is out? I dont really see why an every day person would need a tool like that.

funny...
isnt it interesting that the ceo of M$ and the ceo of RedHat were seen having lunch a few weeks back...
and now all of a sudden, M$ releases a bash-like program.

heh

dont bother me, as long as it isnt as dependant on CLI as most linux clients ive used. Id like the people i work with and really people all over the world not to have a stroke when they have to do more than point and click. It will be nice to be able to tell someone just type something in rather than explain through a buncha tabbed menus.

I really hope that CLI has some serious funtionability but i still love the GUI on microsoft cause my mind can only handle so many commands and attributes.

If I were a hardcore computer user I would probably care more about this, but the only things I really use my compy for is downloading media files, burning them to disc, surfing the web, email/IM, games, and the occasional photoshop endeavor.

Unfortunately I'm with most of america on this one in that I've been spoiled by the GUI.

I'm finally starting to use Linux though, so maybe I'll get more involved.

The command line is a very powerful tool. It's simple, elegant and flexable.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 20 2005, 03:01 PM
funny...
isnt it interesting that the ceo of M$ and the ceo of RedHat were seen having lunch a few weeks back...
and now all of a sudden, M$ releases a bash-like program.

heh
[post=514281]Quoted post[/post]​

And the creator of Gentoo went ot work for M$.

Back