Not Sure What Size Rim To Get

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i just got 17's on my rex and they look awesome!! when you take it to the track run 15's but as a daily driver do 17's! they ride so much better then my stock tires.. juss my opinion

If it is harder to turn the wheels then how the hell are you supposed to go fast?

Well as soon as momentum gets going it gets easier to turn the wheels. Thus you go faster and faster.

IMO i don't think that wheel size really effects how fasts your car is all that much. I don't think that your going to lose 1sec on you 1/4 time. 17s are for street. 15 for the track plain and simple.

Originally posted by keehnel1414@Apr 7 2003, 09:26 AM
...17s are for street. 15 for the track plain and simple.

- .:: !!! WRONG !!! ::. -
15"s are for the street, 13"s are for the track... "plain and simple".

Originally posted by keehnel1414@Apr 7 2003, 09:26 AM
If it is harder to turn the wheels then how the hell are you supposed to go fast?  

Well as soon as momentum gets going it gets easier to turn the wheels. Thus you go faster and faster.

IMO i don't think that wheel size really effects how fasts your car is all that much. I don't think that your going to lose 1sec on you 1/4 time. 17s are for street. 15 for the track plain and simple.

Rotational momentum doesn't quite work that simply, There are many factors. The one people here like to focus on is basically how hard it is for the axle to turn the wheel, and unsprung weight. Those are only 2 of the many factors.

Originally posted by Prowler+Apr 7 2003, 08:56 AM-->
@Apr 7 2003, 01:13 AM
a 17lb 17 will still take more force to move than a 17lb 15

Think about that. That isn't logical at all. Use your broomstick idea. A longer broom stick will be easier to spin if it's longer and the same weight as a shorter broomstick.
And if you have a larger wheel that's the same size as a smaller wheel, the tire that you need fitted on will be less, lowering overall weight.

when you put the weight further from the axis point takes more effort to move it

ok i've decided to go with 16's, screw 15's cause i'm really never gonna race, my only problem now is finding some wheels with 5 spokes, (like the tenzo RS5, or the 5zgin corpse) that come in gunmetal 16's. if anyone knows of rims like this please god let me know where to find them cause i am damned sick of looking (stupid 56k piece of crap takes forever to look for anything)

Either of these in a 16" would be sweeeet.

groupn.jpg
attack.jpg

Back