Not That Type Of Charger....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

king_stu

people please help me,
my friend wants to put a jackson charger on his accord type r (we're in england)
anyone got any reason as to why this would be bad/good or should he go down the turbo route?

I would say :thumbsup: over a turbo for more reliabilty--it's pretty much all in how it's built...if you put a basic turbo kit onto a stock engine, I would say you might run into some problems. If he has the money, I say JRSC over turbo.

save that money and raise the compression on ur motor and get it tune

the supercharger has fmu problems
u ill need to spend at least 2 more grand to get it tune
(injectors, hondata and ect) 4 it to be reliable
and the bullshit belt always slips!!!

when u want to get more power like raiseing the boost its going to coast.

9lb pulley $200 cheapest
(now u ill need injector and ect to tune) more money

Originally posted by Afipunk21@Apr 14 2003, 10:59 AM
I would say :thumbsup: over a turbo for more reliabilty--it's pretty much all in how it's built...if you put a basic turbo kit onto a stock engine, I would say you might run into some problems. If he has the money, I say JRSC over turbo.

theres a lot of hype around turbos being not reliable...im not really seeing why either

Bolt on kits are designed to run with NO engine mods at the stock boost setting....

turbos and blowers do the same thing, send pressurized air into the combustion chamber, ya turbos get hotter, but big deal

on my old motor w/the greddy kit i beat the shit out of that engine for 15k miles and it performed flawlessly,

Turbo :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Supercharger :thumbsup:

so the general rule of thumb is choose which one you prefer...
turbo or sc

is there no way of tighting the belt on the jrsc?
do they use the "V" pulley system?
if so could you not change the pulley to a "toothed" pulley? :D

Yau can't change the pulley type on the SC without changing all of the accessory ones as well to run the different belt, and they would have to be custom. IMO, all things being equal (horsepower goal wise) I would rather run a turbo at low boost than a JRSC because you can intercool as much as you want. The H22 can make alot of power with boost. after all, if you are going to spend the cash, why not leave room to grow by going with the turbo.

yes thats true, it's just that in england unless your rich and i mean rich you can't afford the insurance!
thats a pain....
the thing is that the insurance is done on the amount of % increase to the engine. :angry:
but i like the idea of the intercooler on the front of the accord looks nice! :D

Back