Not Your Average SR Swapped 240....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

A Supra is 10 times the car that any Nissan can hope to be. And yeah, it's heavy - but us enthusiasts like to call it "Substantial". It is planted, and not Flickable. Above 120mph a Supra knows what it's doing more than you do.

Fit to finish, the Supra is simply not in the same category as a 240. Maybe a Z, but the Z is so tightly wound and short geared and that Supra simply .. .if anything feels like it's not even trying.

Drifting is fun, but ultimately the 240 wants to ass out around everything. You can drift a drivethrough window if you want to. The Supra is tougher to get sideways because it's designed to never be sideways...ever. It's a Supercar and it satisfies a higher level of motoring.

and I'd take this over all of them
271xt.jpg

note, this isn't my favorite Z, but its the first decent looking one I could find on google image search. yeah I know the wheels suck.

Well it's my owl !

my_toyota_supra_1986_mk2.jpg

Ladies, you have been owned.

:yarly:

Than a what Supra ? Are we talking about a Veilside Supra ? The TRD Supras ? Comparing tuner cars to a what ?

Also,
180px-Supramk2.jpg
for teh w1n.

Quoted post[/post]]
:yarly:

Than a what Supra ? Are we talking about a Veilside Supra ? The TRD Supras ? Comparing tuner cars to a what ?

Also,
180px-Supramk2.jpg
for teh w1n.

Sorry, bad comparo

Whats your take on a Stock GTR (not the z tune) vs a 3rd Gen Supra?

I feel that the GTR is the better vehicle. Such an advanced AWD system . . . .

a 3rd gen ? Check your calibration, your balance scale is way off there.

But I'll bite: Stock for Stock, JDM Trims (3SGTE or 2JZGTE) the Skyline sure does have an advanced AWD system. It's also very delicate. the Supra is taking down the tree with a hammer - And it's twice as "burly" of a car as the Nissan. The Nissan has delicate drivelines and complicated systems. The Supra is a series of pistons tuning a flywheel and then about 3 more simple machines result in turning the rear wheels very fast. Simple > Complex, it doesn't show off what the car is capable of, but it does count when actually selling and putting that car on the road.

And then after 1998 the Supra got VVTLi, making it that much stronger of a competitor.

My only gripe is this:

When modified to power levels surpassing 500hp, the skyline has shown an abilty to put that power to the road, when supras seem to just sit there and spin the tires.

The GTR Ztune runs a claimed 10.1 on street tires . . . i know there is much more to a car than a 1/4 mile time, but Supra's in the 600hp range wont hit that low of a 1/4 mile time.

Quoted post[/post]]
lol nice avatar cash..

haha yeah really

Noah Perkins: What do 300, 400, 500 and 600 horsepower Supras have in common ?

13 second 1/4 miles !

Quoted post[/post]]
and I'd take this over all of them [image]

note, this isn't my favorite Z, but its the first decent looking one I could find on google image search. yeah I know the wheels suck.

F minus minus.

That Z was build by Vildini Motorsports in CA, sports a 500hp Redtop SR20, and those wheels DO NOT suck, they're 16" RS Watanabes.

. . . The defence rests.

Supras are very nice tho. The feeling you get in my friends 650hp supra is insane . . . that beast ran 10.9 on a set of BFG Drag Radials.

Its like a plain taking off.

Quoted post[/post]]
a 3rd gen ? Check your calibration, your balance scale is way off there.

But I'll bite: Stock for Stock, JDM Trims (3SGTE or 2JZGTE) the Skyline sure does have an advanced AWD system. It's also very delicate. the Supra is taking down the tree with a hammer - And it's twice as "burly" of a car as the Nissan. The Nissan has delicate drivelines and complicated systems. The Supra is a series of pistons tuning a flywheel and then about 3 more simple machines result in turning the rear wheels very fast. Simple > Complex, it doesn't show off what the car is capable of, but it does count when actually selling and putting that car on the road.

And then after 1998 the Supra got VVTLi, making it that much stronger of a competitor.

lol yeah, what would you rather drop a supercharged 5.0 ford into? an '87 Skyline or an '87 Supra?

Quoted post[/post]]
. . . The defence rests.

Supras are very nice tho. The feeling you get in my friends 650hp supra is insane . . . that beast ran 10.9 on a set of BFG Drag Radials.

Its like a plain taking off.

The difference is, that I'm willing to bet that the Supra will feel much more competent at high speeds because 120+ is it's stomping grounds.

I'll just take a 2JZ-swapped Corrolla.

But yeah, Celerity has a point - Supra > 240. Sorry, but after they sorted out the MKIII, the MKIV has gone on to be one of the only Japanese cars whose resale value GOES UP year after year.

Dorifto - 240, Speed - Supra. Touring - Supra, Power - Supra, Brakes - Supra.

Hrm... :mrgreen:

Back