notching d16y8

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ignorant import guy

ok so i have a t25 turbo setup on my y8...i have no machine shop within reasonable distance to notch my block for my eagle h-beam rods...i know how to notch the block once i get everything stripped down...i just need to know if anyone has a nice write up or anything on the most functional way to tear down the block...the reason i wanted it proffessionally done in the first place...also how long would it take to remove the engine, tear down the block, notch it, reassemble it, and then drop it back into the car? can it be done in 2 two day weekends, meaning 2 friday nights, and 2 saturdays?

If you are uncomfortable notching the block. You could sell the rods you have. I think eagle makes rods now that have the clearance you need without notching, thats what I heard anyways. Taking out a engine a rebuilding does take a while. It really depends on how mechanically inclined you are and how much experience you have building honda engines. But if you work hard you should be able to reach your goal. Good luck. ;)

really i kind of just need to know what parts i can leave on the block that won't get damaged during the notching....or does the block have to be bare?

It will be bare inside to do it. How can you build a bottom end without disassembling it?

well i knew that much i meant everything else...like pumps, alternator,etc. i was just wondering the order of dissassembly if anyone had a writeup on it and was wondering which parts have to come off to pull off the head or anything like that

It might be worth it to invest in a repair manual. It will tell you the order of disassembly and will have all of the torque specifications you will need to put it back together correctly. I might add you should invest in some arp headstuds to avoid stripping out your block when you reassemble it.

thanks for the info...actually turns out that a relative of mine has a friend who's owned i think 4 hondas swapped 3 of them and built a d series turbo with nearly the same setup except for the sleeving he said he would do the work for $300

Back